Recent Topics

1 Oct 01, 2012 17:25    

It's easy to get the total number of facebook likes + shares

https://api.facebook.com/method/fql.query?query=select%20total_count%20from%20link_stat%20where%20url=%27http://www.b2evolution.net/%27&format=json

or xml

How can we store this data for every post and update the data every x days ?
And after that of course "order by facebook likes" ?

Wordpress has a very simple method of update_post_meta, but i guess in b2evo custom fields just dont work that way ?

2 Oct 01, 2012 20:21

b2evo v5:

$Item->set_setting( 'facebook_likes', 123 );
$Item->ItemSettings->dbupdate();

echo '<p>'.$Item->get_setting('facebook_likes').'</p>';

Pretty easy ;)

3 Oct 02, 2012 01:46

sam2kb wrote:

b2evo v5:

Pretty easy ;)

Everything is in v5.. god.. would you hurry please : P let me know if i can do anything to speed it up : D Dont think i will wait for a stable version, i'd upgrade as soon as its something close to a beta or an alpha even : P

4 Oct 02, 2012 01:50

You can help by testing it and reporting bugs/flaws ;)

5 Oct 02, 2012 16:24

sam2kb wrote:

You can help by testing it and reporting bugs/flaws ;)

Sure, can you send me a pack of the latest build ? I shouldnt download from the CVS, should i ? 'Cause i remember the last time you said me cvs was outdated or something

6 Oct 02, 2012 19:39

CVS is dead, not sure if it's updated or not. For development we use private SVN.

As of public source code, I believe it will be published after release, I'm not sure about that.

I'll need to ask for permission to send you the latest build. For now you can use my demo website and new forums, you should have login access to both.

7 Oct 02, 2012 19:49

sam2kb wrote:

CVS is dead, not sure if it's updated or not. For development we use private SVN.

As of public source code, I believe it will be published after release, I'm not sure about that.

I'll need to ask for permission to send you the latest build. For now you can use my demo website and new forums, you should have login access to both.

I see, i dont know what is going on, but this doesnt sound suitable with "open source development" nature.

I just wanted to test it entirely with my real data, as if i had already upgraded and see how things goes (with all that wp import & sync you know)

8 Oct 02, 2012 20:33

Google does this with Android. Not that I support it, but this scheme doesn't allow competitors to sniff ideas and features before a complete app is released.

I'll try to send a zip to you

9 Oct 03, 2012 01:09

Well, i hope FP takes this as a constructive criticsm, but it seems b2 took a turn from an actual community to something he & his paid workers develop and "lets" other use.
I think this endangers the future of this great blog software.Sure, it's not like anyone is contributing anymore, other than you (sam2kb) but still, you are making it even harder even if someone wants to hop in.

I sure hope this new manual & docs update will bring in more people.

10 Oct 03, 2012 19:20

CVS is updated with every release. You can check the updates in CVS that came with every 4.x version.

b2evo v5 code will be released on CVS at the same time we release the alpha. That is: at the time we'll actually be able to deal with feedback from users.

Open source means that the program is released in source code form, not in compiled form and that anyone is allowed to inspect it/change it/redistribute it.

Open sources does NOT mean that every development we make before release has to be public.

Sure there are projects that like to have anyone check in anything and let the ship sail where the wind takes it. We just like a more controlled approach. We feel just the opposite about what endangers and what ensures the integrity of this great software ;)

In addition to security & competitive reasons, proceeding like this allows us to focus on moving forward on the important features rather than being distracted by feedback about details. The time for feedback & details comes later in the development cycle. For v5, we are not quite there yet.

Select contributors like sam2kb do have access to the live SVN in real time because their contributions statistically help move us forward without need for debate.

11 Oct 03, 2012 19:57

I know what open source code -software- means, maybe i did not use the right words, maybe i should say open source development.

Anyway, I am not saying you are keeping it to yourself or anything, i just mean if someone decided to contribute to b2evo he would find himself in a big cloud of questions like, where do i start, how can i suggest this, or do that."We" know where to ask the questions and where to look for the answers, but an outsider would have some hard time figuring it out.

I just think b2 could really benefit from some outside people in terms of both development and ideas.Very much like the old days.Like Afwas was working on something new to extend b2, while yabs was making some core work and tblue was sorting out bugs and others helping in forums and stuff you know..A little variety would not hurt.

Thanks for the response, i hope it's for the best.You seem more enthusiastic and keen than ever.

12 Oct 03, 2012 23:42

sam2kb wrote:

b2evo v5:

Pretty easy ;)

Well, is there any way to do this in v4 ? : D 'Cause v5 is due months it seems

14 Oct 04, 2012 23:11

Don't worry. The alpha is coming in a few weeks.

15 Oct 05, 2012 15:25

fplanque wrote:

Don't worry. The alpha is coming in a few weeks.

cool

Form is loading...