Recent Topics

1 Dec 23, 2004 21:09    

Dear all,

First of all I like to express my thanks for all those who brought back the Forum online. Thanks you.

To my question:
On my DuneBlog (www.EddieCastelli.com/duneblog - it's in German) clicking on the word 'mehr' under Archives (right side) I get all Articles in full Text instead of only the name of the month with the amount of articles within this month.
I've checked the _mein.php for the word 'arcdir' and found it six times.

When I cross check on an other side (the one from kiesows.de) there it works fine.

I heard that this seams to have being discussed but probably got lost after the forums-hack. Has anyone an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Here the direct link to my Archive:
http://www.eddiecastelli.com/duneblog/index.php?blog=2?disp=arcdir

Here the direct link to kiesows.de Archive:
http://www.kiesows.de/index?disp=arcdir

Can please anybody give a help on this - thanks in advance.

2 Dec 23, 2004 22:28

Howdy. Have you done anything with your _arcdir.php or _archives.php files? I'm guessing the answer is "no" to the _archives.php since archives are working on your main page. _arcdir.php is supposed to do a very simple thing: set the amount of archives to '' (meaning unlimited) then call up _archives.php. Here is the important part of the _arcdir.php file from v10 custom skin:

if($disp == 'arcdir')  
	{ // We have asked to display full archives:
		echo '<ul>';
		/*
		 * This file is basically just a trick where we set the number of entries to display
		 * to "no limit"...
		 */
		$archive_limit = '';
		/**
		 * And then... call the default archive include.
		 */
		require dirname(__FILE__).'/_archives.php';
		unset( $archive_limit );
		echo '</ul>';
	}

Have you been tinkering in the b2evocore folder? I've added a lot of disp= pages, and I always have to add them to _class_blogs.php, so if you've been in that file perhaps that is where the issue lies? Also there is a chunk of code in _main.php for "switch ( $disp ) {" that is integral to making disps work. If you've played in that area perhaps you got something wigged up?

4 Dec 24, 2004 14:54

EdB wrote:

Howdy. Have you done anything with your _arcdir.php or _archives.php files? I'm guessing the answer is "no" to the _archives.php since archives are working on your main page. _arcdir.php is supposed to do a very simple thing: set the amount of archives to '' (meaning unlimited) then call up _archives.php. Here is the important part of the _arcdir.php file from v10 custom skin:

Your right - I didn't mess with those files.

EdB wrote:

Have you been tinkering in the b2evocore folder? I've added a lot of disp= pages, and I always have to add them to _class_blogs.php, so if you've been in that file perhaps that is where the issue lies? Also there is a chunk of code in _main.php for "switch ( $disp ) {" that is integral to making disps work. If you've played in that area perhaps you got something wigged up?

YeO - means yes and no ;)
The only tinkering on Folders is that I've changed some of the importand names. But this should have being adjustet.

See furhter my answer to 'mattbta'

5 Dec 24, 2004 14:57

mattbta wrote:

The link you give to the arc dir is incorrect. You can't append querystring variables with '?' after the first one. It must be appended with '&'.

http://www.eddiecastelli.com/duneblog/index.php?blog=2&disp=arcdir

works fine when correctly called.

This is it. I've changed also on my side the '?' to '&' and it worked. Strangely I didn't make any changes to such codes.

Where must I make the altering in the codes to have the '&' in the link?

6 Dec 24, 2004 15:01

Post up the code from your _main.php for the archives block.

7 Dec 24, 2004 15:39

mattbta wrote:

Post up the code from your _main.php for the archives block.

Thank you for this fast responce. Here it comes:

<div class="bSideItem">
	    <h3>Archives</h3>
    	    <ul class="brliste">
			<?php	// -------------------------- ARCHIVES INCLUDED HERE -----------------------------
				require( dirname(__FILE__)."/_archives.php"); 
				// -------------------------------- END OF ARCHIVES ---------------------------------- ?>
				<li class="bloggrolleintrag"><a href="<?php $Blog->disp('blogurl') ?>?disp=arcdir"><?php echo T_('more...') ?></a></li>
	    </ul>
  	</div>

8 Dec 24, 2004 15:42

Is this the only blog used by this skin? If so change that block to this:

<div class="bSideItem">
       <h3>Archives</h3>
           <ul class="brliste">
         <?php   // -------------------------- ARCHIVES INCLUDED HERE -----------------------------
            require( dirname(__FILE__)."/_archives.php");
            // -------------------------------- END OF ARCHIVES ---------------------------------- ?>
            <li class="bloggrolleintrag"><a href="<?php $Blog->disp('blogurl') ?>&disp=arcdir"><?php echo T_('more...') ?></a></li>
       </ul>
     </div>

9 Dec 24, 2004 16:58

mattbta wrote:

Is this the only blog used by this skin? If so change that block to this:

No its not. Also the Englsih DuneBlog had to be adjustet. It's done (on my Notebook) and works. will do some update later on the Server.

'EdB' and 'mattbta' many thanks for the help and have a nice evening.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you :)

Form is loading...