Recent Topics

1 Jan 05, 2005 23:59    

I found a neat weather hack but unfortunately it is coded for Wordpress.
http://www.sonicpling.net/archives/2004/02/20/weather-hack/

I almost got it to work 100% on my blog except that when I do it I get some cache error. If someone could please get it to work it would be greatly appreciated.

The error I get is:

Warning: fopen(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/youruser/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/weather_cache/metar_cache_KNYC.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/lastpage/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/lastpage/public_html/blog/weather.php on line 313

Warning: fopen(/home/youruser/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/weather_cache/metar_cache_KNYC.txt): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/lastpage/public_html/blog/weather.php on line 313
# Conditions Debug

Edit: On line 313 the code reads:

$wxInfo['ICON']="4cloud_lightsnow";

That code has nothing to do with the cache and there are others just like it above that line that don't bring up and error.

2 Jan 18, 2005 18:46

Can you zip up what you've done so far? I looked at the WP plugin and thought it would be neat but didn't quite know where to start to make it a b2evo thing.

5 Oct 01, 2005 21:00

wp hacks will not natively work on wordpress. they use different hooks

6 Oct 03, 2005 01:39

whoo wrote:

wp hacks will not natively work on wordpress. they use different hooks

This must be part of the Micro$oft conspiracy :lol:

7 Oct 03, 2005 01:52

I grabed the files from http://www.sonicpling.net/weather/weather-plugin.zip
and gave it a look.

Yeah I know it says it is for wordpress however all you have to do
is adjust a couple of path statments , upload the files and create
a dir for the cache and chmod to make it writable.

I had this up on a static test page within a couple of min.

When I was happy with the layout for it I moved to over to my skin.

I used this in my skin:

<?php require '/home/path/to/weather.php'; ?>
     <div class="bSideItem">

<h3><?php echo T_('Current Weather') ?></h3><br/>
     <div align="center">
	<?php WeatherIcon('KFTW','Ft. Worth, Texas') ?>
     </div>
     </div>

Change the station id and city to suit

You can play around with the outputs and change the markup to suit
your needs.

Out of the box, I mean Zip it is not valid.

Have fun,

Jon

I would have used the (PHP) hilighter but it looks broken

8 Oct 03, 2005 11:19

Nice job :)

In my defense, thats not really what I had in mind when I say "Wordpress plugin". That could be used on nearly any site with little tinkering. No matter though, its still a nice addition for folks that like weather addons :)

I wrote a simple hack for my old clan's phpBB forum that worked with weatherpixie @ http://weatherpixie.com/ .. That IS by far the funnest weather addon a person could have, and I made it so members could customize their weather. Unfortunately, I deleted all those files last week after selling the domain.

You could always use that out of the box to display your own weather (she will let you) OR if anyone is interested I might try to reconstruct my old hack to allow blog members to customize. It was quite the shiznit once I had it working :)

Form is loading...