Recent Topics

1 Jan 14, 2005 00:07    

First, there's the problem with changing the "Leave a Comment" link. In the previous version of b2, you could change the link to say something like "Hit Me, 1 broke the wall, # smashed the house" or something equally as customized. I've been trying to figure out how to do it in this version, but all I get are the "php error on line 285" or what have you. Is there a way to customize these links like other blogging software? Or am I just stuck with the boring "Leave a Comment" link text?

The second thing, in the comments, they are not spaced out. There's only one break in between the seperate comments which makes it incredibly difficult to read. Is there a way to remedy this? To be able to put a break in between comments? If so, could you tell me where and how? I've done the <br> tags, but come up with the same "php error on line 688" thing. Or am I doing it wrong. Should I put <br/> instead of the former?

I really just want to be able to read my comments without them running right into each other. It is quite testing on the eyes.

Thanks in advance for any help or tips given. :D

<333

-Ashleigh

2 Jan 14, 2005 00:17

add :-
.bComment{margin-bottom:10px} /* change 10px to suit your needs */

to your style sheet for the comment gap.

3 Jan 14, 2005 00:29

First is easy. You feed parameters to the feedback_link() function as per http://doc.b2evolution.net/0.9.1/evocore/Item.html#methodfeedback_link shows.

feedback_link( 'feedbacks', '<span class="foo">', '</span>', 'no children left behind', '1 pill makes you larger', '%d bottles of beer on the wall' );

or something like that.

Second is really tricky. Get spaced out people to leave comments maybe? Okay maybe it depends on your skin, the classes called, and how those classes are defined, but that's a really boring answer.

4 Jan 14, 2005 00:33

Thank you both for the help!

I got my comments to be spaced, thank goodness.

And I'll be working on changing the comments link soon enough.

Again, many thanks!

<333

-Ashleigh

Form is loading...