Recent Topics

1 Feb 02, 2005 09:45    

This is the error I've noticed while trying to view the blogs themselves:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/www/t/tabard/htdocs/skins//_main.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php4/lib/php') in /www/t/tabard/htdocs/b2evocore/_blog_main.php on line 266

I'm using b2evo version 0.9.0.11, and it's a fairly recent install. This is the first time I've ever done the install myself, rather than using Fantastico or similar, and I'm not extensively familiar with php (but learning).

The biggest problem is that the error apparently doesn't show up on all computers. I've had some friends try and view it, and most say it works fine. Not to mention that I was messing around with it earlier tonight, and everything was fine, then suddenly the error started popping up. It seems like it would just be something I'd edit in the main file or something to fix, but I can't for the life of me figure out where.

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: Well, I thought it was fixed, but I neglected to check my site in anything other than MSIE until today (and it shows up fine in IE -- at least on my own machine). Apparently, Netscape shows the same error as I was getting before:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/www/t/tabard/htdocs/skins//_main.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php4/lib/php') in /www/t/tabard/htdocs/b2evocore/_blog_main.php on line 266

I'm not sure exactly how to determine just which part of _blog_main.php is line 266, but I'm guessing that's what needs fixing? Any suggestions? I'd really like to fix this.

2 Feb 04, 2005 13:25

I wasn't able to figure out exactly what was wrong, so I backed up my website, deleted everything and reinstalled. I figure it must have had something to do with me installing in my base directory when there was already quite a bit of junk in there already. But it seems to be working fine now.

Thanks to the devs for putting together a great program! :)

3 Feb 07, 2005 00:58

Well, apparently, I'm still having this problem. First post edited to bump.

4 Feb 07, 2005 10:09

that appears to be a server side problem, so if you reciving the problem in one browser and not the other, would suggest clearing the cache in both of them, to see if the problem is still there or not, looking at the error - it's not chosing a skin to display ? maybe try changing the skin in the backend to see if that fixes the problem (if your still having it of course :P)

5 Feb 07, 2005 20:26

tabard ... I'm no expert, but the pathing looks very odd. First, my skins are located in "http://www.mysite.com/blogs/skins/myskin/_main.php" or locally it's "/home/username/public_html/blogs/skins/myskin/_main.php"

I'm not certain about the "/www/t/" (unless that's a local call because of your host). Or why the install is in htdocs, but not in a separate 'b2evo' or 'blog' directory.

But mostly, I'm confused by the double forward slash, (i.e. "skins//_main.php") That seems like a problem to me.

I checked your site in MSIE6 and FireFox1 ... both pull up your blog without errors.

6 Feb 07, 2005 20:57

No idea about the error, but having your install in htdocs is perfectly standard (like mine!).

[edit]
That line is the one that calls your _main.php from your skins folder. I suspect it's not been uploaded propperly, or is missing altogether.

7 Feb 08, 2005 01:36

Well, I thought I posted a reply to this, but it looks like it got lost. Anyway...

Stk: that is Powweb's (my webhost) standard relative path layout. 'htdocs' is where my public files go. In-browser, it shows up as the base directory for my site.

As far as the "skins//_main.php" goes, I noticed that too, when I first started getting the error. I've checked my _config file, _blog_main, and even checked my skins directory to make sure everything is there. It looks like it's trying to call up a skin that's in a unnamed directory, but I've checked my default settings in the backend, and everything's normal.

I posted about the possible server-side issue on the Powweb forums. They did some balance loading upgrades in the last few months that slightly altered the way php includes work, so I'm wondering if that might be part of the problem. But that wouldn't make sense, since when it does work, all the includes are fine.

Ugh. Sorry about the rambling. This is a little frustrating, as you might imagine. Thanks for the replies guys :)

Form is loading...