Recent Topics

1 Feb 09, 2005 19:46    

hi :)

I've searched and browsed the forums for a while, but can't seem to find a similar problem (though it looks like something that would have came up quite a time ago). Anyway here's the deal:

I'm planning to add a Spanish section to my blog, and I've created a separate blog for it and set its Locale to Spanish. Now, the cat titles come out preceeded by an info bit that looks like what I've seen in the .po files: " Project-Id-Version: b2evolution.net locale Report-Msgid-Bugs-To:..." etc. You can check it out, here it is: http://www.seekvisum.com/daily/index-esp.php

I've tried it and it happens with any blog with locale set to non-English language 8|

By commenting the functions in the section that outputs the cat titles in _main.php I've narrowed it down to the single_cat_title() function - I comment it and everything's good (save the fact that the cat name doesn't show up at all). I'm not that good in php so I just can't find out which part of the function is responsible for the "misbehaviour" (it probably is just a behavior I'm not aware of :) ).

Now, I admit, I've tweaked the _main.php of the custom skin quite a lot to get my blog to its present look, so maybe I've put something where it shouldn't be, but I've tried a clean non-English locale blog with different skins and it is the same for every skin, so it isn't skin-dependant issue.

I would be much obliged if someone could tell me where the problem might be and what to do with it. :)

Thanks in advance! :)

2 Feb 09, 2005 20:09

Interesting. I just did the same thing with a mostly-unhacked installation of version 0.9.0.11 and did not duplicate your problem. I changed a blog to Spanish ES and Spanish VE, then changed a blog and a post to each type of Spanish and did not have the trouble you have.

I see where you are mixing both category and post title in the H2 tag between <div class="bPosts"> and <div class="bPost" lang="en-EU">. In a base installation that tag is for post- or page-specific titles and is not translated because it is not predicatable to translate post titles. I guess. Anyway in a base installation the locale_temp_switch( $Item->locale ) function happens after a specific post is identified, so perhaps that's part of the problem?

Suggest one of two things: You could restore the content of the H2 tag to it's normal values (meaning do not put the category name there) and see what happens, or, try putting the H2 tag inside locale_temp_switch( $Item->locale ) and locale_restore_previous().

Oh and you might consider upgrading to version 0.9.0.11 and applying the security patch identified at http://b2evolution.net/news/2005/01/07/security_issue on principal.

3 Feb 10, 2005 01:38

Thanks, Ed.

I'm a little cloudy right now after a day of work, but I'll try your suggestions after some rest :)

Yes, the upgrade and patch is on my list... have been for some time now :)

[edit]
I've just noticed: we're talking the _main.php, right? |-| But isn't it skin-based?... I mean, how would me putting the cat name before the posts in the custom skin would affect the other skins? &-(

Form is loading...