Recent Topics

1 Feb 18, 2005 09:14    

For US and Canada, it is traditional for Start of Week to be 0, for most of the rest of the world, 1.

Maybe this could be part of the localization variables accessible from the admin panel (regional), simplifying editting this particular variable?

(that way if the default blog is localized, say, for Canada, then the first day of each week is Sunday)

Keep up the great work!

Dave

2 Feb 18, 2005 17:53

Yes ! great idea .. :)

I always forget of change this on updates..

3 Feb 23, 2005 04:22

good idea, indeed - I've implemented it so it makes it into the next release.

However, I've no idea which countries use 0 (Sunday) despite of Canada and usa..

Hints?

4 Mar 15, 2005 02:10

I didn't see the question until recently, here's what I've dug up on conventions regarding the first day of the week. Please, do not take offense if I got some countries wrong, this was some very basic research:

Sunday first day:
Brazil, Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Mexico, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore

Monday first day:
South America and Central America except Brazil
Europe except the UK and Ireland

Cheers,
Dave

5 Mar 15, 2005 02:49

The last time I looked at CVS it was doing this - picking a locale meant getting the start of week figgered out automagically. That doesn't mean it'll be in the next release though. It only means it's part of CVS.

6 Mar 15, 2005 08:51

dkabal wrote:

Monday first day:
Europe except the UK and Ireland

Monday is the first day of the week in the UK and Ireland, unless you're a christian nut (which is less than 20% of the population now).

7 Mar 15, 2005 23:22

Then it's ok in CVS (according to Graham).

fyi: we don't have a locale for Brazil yet.. and I'm not in the mood to add it.. :roll:

8 Mar 16, 2005 12:31

Hey, we had!

Brazilian locale is pt_BR (Brazilian portuguese)

I and anotyher person did the work on the last release !

9 Mar 16, 2005 19:53

Sorry, Walter - I was obviously too tired..

we still have pt_BR.. but what we don't have are Mexico and Korea, have we?

I've updated the locales locally and will check it into CVS when I'm quite sure there are no further mistakes..

10 Mar 17, 2005 17:42

EdB wrote:

The last time I looked at CVS it was doing this - picking a locale meant getting the start of week figgered out automagically. That doesn't mean it'll be in the next release though. It only means it's part of CVS.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with CVS, what does this stand for? Is this the next release of B2evolution or some infrastructure capability?

In any event, since it's clear based on responses to my post that even some countries don't have unanimous agreement on the convention, that the day of week should be over-ridable in the control panel (i.e., without editing some file), even if it is picked automagically by default.

Thanks for all your due diligence, you guys rule....

Dave

11 Mar 17, 2005 18:59

We use the CVS repository that SourceForge provides to change and update files.
Yes, it means that it will make it into the next release and yes, settings for locales are over-ridable from the Locales settings admin panel.

Form is loading...