Recent Topics

1 Jun 01, 2005 19:19    

Version b2evo v 0.9.0.12

Hi when I write a blog via the admin screen and put in an email name that begins with the letter p the link does does not display correctly when the blog is published.

e.g. eter@test.com">peter@test.com is displayed for peter@test.com

this seems to work correctly for other email addresses that I have tried.

2 Jun 01, 2005 20:30

can you provide a link to the page where this is happening?

3 Jun 02, 2005 12:45

Hi this is the code in the display page which I have modifed to suit my needs:

<?php // ------------------------------------ START OF POSTS ---------------------- ?>

if( isset($MainList) ) $MainList->display_if_empty(); // Display message if no post

if( isset($MainList) ) while( $Item = $MainList->get_item() )
{
/* $MainList->date_if_changed(); */
?>
<div class="bPost" lang="<?php $Item->lang() ?>">
<?php
locale_temp_switch( $Item->locale ); // Temporarily switch to post locale
$Item->anchor(); // Anchor for permalinks to refer to
?>
</div>
<h2><?php $Item->issue_date('d.m.Y'); ?> - <?php $Item->title(); ?></h2>
<div class="bText">
<?php $Item->content(); ?>
<?php link_pages() ?>
</div>
<?php } // ---------------------------------- END OF POSTS -------------------------- ?>

The url the problem can be seen on is:

http://www.icfib.com/news_stub.php?title=stress_adds_to_the_family_business_woes&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1[/quote]

4 Jun 02, 2005 13:18

oops - slightly wrong there - tere should not be a php tag terminator "?>" on the "Start of posts" comment line.

5 Jun 02, 2005 14:15

I see what's happening. The :p in mailto:paul. . . is getting turned into a smilie. Try posting with smilies turned off.

6 Jun 02, 2005 14:59

hi - the smilies box on my admin screen is ticked and greyed out so I cannot change it. Can this be done in one of the plugin/config files?

7 Jun 02, 2005 15:06

Yes, that's right. Go to plugins/renderers/_smilies.renderer.php and set it to

var apply_when = 'opt-out';

8 Jun 02, 2005 15:15

Hi - that works fine and will do me. I have set it to opt-in as I doubt if smilies will ever be used on this site. Thanks for your help.

p.s. is this a bug?

9 Jun 10, 2005 00:49

I would call this a bug. The smilies plugin should detect whether or not a : P or : D or whatever is a part of a tag.

I've had problems with D&D (as in dungeons and dragons) getting turned into D&amp;D and then into D&amp :D, but just never bothered to fix it since you can work around it pretty easily.

10 Jun 30, 2005 04:47

Thanks, guys, for asking and answering this question. I've been so frustrated with this problem today and now it's fine.

Rachel

skinnybloke wrote:

Hi - that works fine and will do me. I have set it to opt-in as I doubt if smilies will ever be used on this site. Thanks for your help.

p.s. is this a bug?

Form is loading...