Recent Topics

1 Jul 04, 2005 20:35    

Hey all. I want users to only be able to edit their own posts on my public blogs. How can I accomplish this. Users are not given their own blog, only access to a public blog. As you can see I do not want them editing someone elses post if it is not their own. They are allowed to post in all but one of the blogs. How do I set up permissions to accomplish this. I've been messing with it for a while now but haven't figured out a solution. Do I need a plugin?

2 Jul 11, 2005 08:46

At this moment, it is not possible.
They told me it is in the new release Phoenix, witch will be release before the end of the summer (20 september)

At this moment there is a hack that users can get registerd, and have there own blog.
But what you want is not yet possible.

in the 0.9.0.x release, you have to define every user in every blog.
And indeed, he has rights to edit everyone's posts (I did a fairly simple trick on that, the solution is somewhere on the forum, so only the admin and 1 other user can edit everyone's, and the others only there own posts)

3 Jul 11, 2005 09:54

Thank you for your expedient response. I may put that site on the back burner until Phoenix is released. If you come across the thread you referred to please shoot me a PM, I haven't come across it yet.

Form is loading...