Recent Topics

1 Sep 27, 2005 08:16    

Hi,

I have my main site www.iansbrainstorm.com that will continue and I have www.ian.net.au/b2 which I would like to transfer over the posts and comments. I am not worried about categories unless it is easy.

So which is easier, manual cut and paste or some sort of import to www.iansbrainstorm.com?

Yeah I should have just don't it right in the first place.

2 Sep 27, 2005 09:17

go in to your database with phpmyadmin.. export the data you want to merge.. and import into the other db.

b2evo_posts, etc...

assuming theyre both the same version, that shouldnt present any problem.

Just in case, make sure that you run a quick backup of the db youre importing into.. in case you mess up.

3 Sep 27, 2005 09:33

Thaks Whoo but I have gone in and see that there looks like there would be conflicts with record id numbers. That is id numbers in the posts relate to id numbers in comments and they are the same numbers in the new weblog. How does the import handle that? Wouldn't I have miss matched data?

4 Sep 27, 2005 10:15

yah that prolly wouldnt work.. you could edit the numbers before the import .. assuming you dont have alot to edit, and know what relates to what.

OR ..

you could just do it the hard way, and add everything by hand. I have had to do that 2x..dont ask why, im embarrassed to say. I even went in and entered back in all of the comments.. it meant adding them as me, then editing the name.

It was a better solution than starting over. Ugh.

5 Sep 27, 2005 11:52

Yeah I think the old cut and paste is the way to go. I should get the kids on it in the holidays.

Oh well you live and learn.

Form is loading...