Recent Topics

1 Sep 27, 2005 07:33    

The blog on my server that has been up and running the longest is now giving me errors. It either says the blog is not found on the server, or that the blog doesn't exist. The blog exists in my admin panel, and all of my posts appear to be there. I've been messing around with the skins lately, and I feel sure I've screwed it up somehow. Any suggestions?

2 Sep 27, 2005 08:02

suggestion 1: Provide a topic title that is descriptive of your problem. You CAN go back and edit it.

3 Sep 27, 2005 21:12

and it looks like i'm among friends. now that i've followed the forum etiquette, can i get some help?

4 Sep 27, 2005 21:18

Install a known good skin, which is kinda tricky given that the skins site is down, but hey - install a known good skin and see if your blog shows up. Assuming it does then you prove that it is your skin doing the bad thing, so begin untinkering that which you've tinkered. Alternatively, depending on the trickeriness of your skin, you might consider moving bits and pieces into the functional skin you somehow upload to verify the problem exists within your skin.

Oh I know how! Grab the whole zip from the downloads page and unzip it then pull out the custom skin and toss the rest. That way you also get the custom skin that goes with whatever version you happen to be running. Sometimes I amaze myself, ya know? Most of the time I'm amazing, it's just that sometimes I'm amazing to me. ;)

5 Sep 27, 2005 22:30

shope wrote:

The blog on my server that has been up and running the longest is now giving me errors. It either says the blog is not found on the server, or that the blog doesn't exist. The blog exists in my admin panel, and all of my posts appear to be there. I've been messing around with the skins lately, and I feel sure I've screwed it up somehow. Any suggestions?

I can see [url=http://www.soulrinse.com/blog/index.html]your blog[/url] without any trouble. Have you found what was wrong? How have your fixed it?

I don't see what could have happen to your blog, but be sure to always check any change in a secondary skin before installing it in the default one. You can use a secondary skin by adding ?skin=secondary_skin to your page URL.

(By the way, has anyone else have trouble to access the [url=http://skins.b2evolution.net/]b2evolution skin deposit[/url]?)

6 Oct 06, 2005 03:48

thanks. it wasn't my skin, it was my install. i had moved it to another directory, then checked it, and everything was fine. then the next day was when it went haywire...anyways, it's straight. (it wasn't the blog at soulrinse, by the way...it's a new one i'm setting up elsewhere. but i greatly appreciate the help.)

Form is loading...