Recent Topics

1 Oct 18, 2005 06:34    

may someone write this feature.

provide an option that some post is recommend reading.

and in the front page

will list out some recommend reading post link.

good idea ?

2 Oct 18, 2005 15:00

That sounds like what a Linkblog does in b2e.

3 Oct 19, 2005 11:22

Nate wrote:

That sounds like what a Linkblog does in b2e.

hmmm....

If i post 3 posts in my blog...

oct -3

oct 5

and oct - 18

And i think oct 5 is really good in my blog

i want to recommand to my visitor.

for the linkblog, i need to add a link there.....kinda strange...

can it just let me check the post is recommanded, and then it will provide a link for the user to click in my left side of the blog ?

4 Oct 19, 2005 16:56

Seems to me that you could just make a category called "Recommended Reading" and then either create a link to that category or write a little code to actually list out links to the most recent entries from that category.

Or, you could create a seperate blog called "Recommended Reading", and enable cross-posting so you can post some of your entries to that blog as well.

5 Oct 20, 2005 03:59

X-KAM-X wrote:

may someone write this feature.
provide an option that some post is recommend reading.
and in the front page
will list out some recommend reading post link.
good idea ?

On my own blog, I've created a recommanded list of posts intended to be specific to each visitor. The idea was "stolen" from [url=http://www.amazon.com]Amazon[/url]'s "Customers who bought this DVD also bought".

To make short, the recommendation system implied a visitor to give his opinion (positive, neutral or negative) about a post. Then, the system displayed the list of articles most appreciated by other visitors expressing the same opinion for this same post. The results were weighted by the time the system knew each visitor (identified by a unique ID written into a cookie) in order to nullify robots and other hazardous clicks.

The main issue of that system was very few visitors expressed their opinion (less than 10 out of 1,000). It was then very difficult to collect pertinent data (tens of people expressing their opinions for each post).

6 Oct 20, 2005 06:04

oh, thanks for you guys on discussing the idea and gives comments.

I think the best solution for this, like kweb said, i create a category say as recommend reading, and list out my post in that cat.

7 Oct 20, 2005 09:14

Sorry.....ask about the coding. May someone help ^_^ ?

How can i select the lastest 5 posts in the recommend reading cat.

and list the topic as link, out on my right handside of my blog ?

and in the category listing...how can i hide the recommend reading in that list. ??

thanks~

8 Oct 21, 2005 06:30

Can someone pls teach me how to list one specific category's post in link format and let the visitor click to read it?

thanks~

9 Oct 21, 2005 06:43

i found out that summary.php can do this....

but i would like to make it like:

$item->getSpecificCatgeoryList("Cat ID");

and list out the title as link.

anyone would like to introduce me how to get start to create this ?

thanks

Form is loading...