Recent Topics

1 Oct 18, 2005 23:15    

hi,

I've just tried to make a posting and I've come across this error, but I dont have a clue why it's appeared and was hoping that someone can shed some light on it.

Invalid post, please correct these errors:

* Parser error: XML_ERR_NAME_REQUIRED near o the blog entry. Ba

so ok, what the hell, here is the part of the blog I was writing, which matches the part it's complaining about

the top would be the code you wanna insert, the bottom, would be the code that get's inserted into the blog entry. Basically it converts < > and other assorted characters into HTML friendly ones, characters that b2evolution DOESNT interpret as HTML, so therefore lets through without much questioning.

changing the entry slightly to see what happens, from above, we get this error

* Parser error: XML_ERR_NAME_REQUIRED near EeF GbHlog entry. Ba

here is the changed posting

the top would be the code you wanna insert, the bottom, would be the code that get's inserted intAoB CtDhEeF GbHlog entry. Basically it converts < > and other assorted characters into HTML friendly ones, characters that b2evolution DOESNT interpret as HTML, so therefore lets through without much questioning.

hopefully you can see what I'm trying to do, inserting a predictable set of characters spaced through the text, hoping for some insight into WHY

unfortunately, none has come, anyone help or is this a conspiracy against the changes I was discussing in the blog :)

thanks again

chris

2 Oct 18, 2005 23:41

It's because b2evolution thinks < means open a tag and it doesn't recognize your tag as a valid tag. Replace it with & l t ; (minus spaces of course) and it'll work. You might also have to replace > with it's fancy-pants equalevalent thingie - I'm not sure.

3 Oct 18, 2005 23:43

My guess is it's not that bit of text, but the < > just after it that's causing the problem (notice it says "near" not "at" - a mis-leading error message that has baffled me before). Escape those as &lt; &gt; and you should be fine.

4 Oct 18, 2005 23:44

Doh! EdB beat me to it. I guess that's why he's a "guru" :)

5 Oct 18, 2005 23:49

i've been noticing a lot of these issues when dealing with post text, I'm fairly sure the way to go is to have a tag, we could use <code> where the html interpreter IGNORES whatever is contained, I mean, ebd's upcode solution was in fact a reaction to this very same issue......I've changed those specific tags now and yes, you're right, it does get rid of it, I've got another one of those errors now, later on in the page, but I dont think I've got those tags around, so I'll have to play about and see what gives.....

thanks chums

6 Oct 19, 2005 00:04

kosh wrote:

... I've got another one of those errors now, later on in the page, but I dont think I've got those tags around, so I'll have to play about and see what gives.....

thanks chums

Dunno if it'll help or not, or if it even applies, but a long time ago I noticed I could not have a post title that began with "limiting". The reason I figured out was because as b2evolution put together the query string it included "limit" but did not have the correct mysql syntax for that command. I had to change the post url title to "lim_iting". MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE knowing of this issue will help you figure out why the rest of your post is deemed unhappy?

7 Oct 19, 2005 00:17

it's actually changed into this

* Parser error: Undeclared entity warning near heavily modified fro

which is right at the end of the blog message

why is it so hard to write a blog with b2evolution? yeah, fine, if you wanna discuss your new mobile phone or perhaps your dog then it's fine, but for anything technical, like discussing HTML development, it's a nightmare

8 Oct 19, 2005 00:38

Edb:

I actually resolved this, in your upcode routines you posted you have a method called ProcCode, which changes various characters to another form, which doesnt make b2evo complain, except &nbsp; which it seems b2evo doesnt like at all, either it complains about every use of it, or it complains only when they are used inside <blockquote> or <code> segments

I'm going to modify your code even more to comment them out and see if the problems come back

chris

Form is loading...