Recent Topics

1 Oct 27, 2005 06:07    

Hello,

I bet there's a simple answer to this, but I've tried searching on "static pages" "biography" and a few other things.

I'm trying to create a "biography" page on my blog.

The blog in general has a time and date stamp at the top of the each post, and of course each post belongs to a "category".

How can I create a stand-alone page for a bio, without the time and date stamp and that doesn't show up among the list of categories?

Can I do this within the blog itself or do i have to create a separate HTML page for it?

If I create a separate HTML page, how do i get it to have all the blog links that update automatically - like the list of available months where the new month automatically appears?

thanks for any leads!

2 Oct 27, 2005 18:46

I'm not sure of the easiest or best way to do this, but one way would be to duplicate the skin you're using for your blogs, rename it, and then modify it the way you want your "static" page to display (take out the date, time, etc. from the posts). Then, create a new blog and use your modified skin for that blog. Everything else will look the same and will still be synced in with the rest of your site but you should be able to tweak it the way you want it to display.

That probably won't fix the category hiding issue, but I bet if you search around on the forums here you'll find the solution for that one.

Form is loading...