Recent Topics

1 Nov 19, 2005 09:45    

Hello everyone,

I downloaded both "0.9.1" and "0.9.0.12" versions of b2evolution and uploaded them to my server and created a MySQL databse for it. For both versions the installer comes up and it can connect to the database since the basic configuration page executes properly. But, when it comes to to the real installation (i.e creating the tables in the database and filling them with sample data) nothing happens. I mean when I select "New Install" and press the "GO!" button nothing happens. I checked the database and no table has been created either. I wonder if anyone have an idea or can tell me where I should look for the solution of this problem. By the way, all the necessary permissions for files are set.

Thank you,
Nima Dezhkam.

2 Nov 19, 2005 15:41

And are you sure that the mysql you're using has permission to create tables in that database?

3 Nov 19, 2005 15:47

Yes, I checked that too. It does.

4 Nov 19, 2005 15:55

Well, that's odd. I did a little searching and found [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net//viewtopic.php?t=1907&highlight=install+script+tables]this related thread[/url]. Someone suggests to try intalling another PHP+MySQL app (phpBB) to see what happens. That use found out that his server didn't have all the apache extensions needed for PHP and MySQL to talk to each other. Try installing phpBB and see what happens. If you have the same problem then you'll have to check with your web host.

5 Nov 19, 2005 16:12

Thanks for the search. I think the information in that thread is quite related. I will try to have phpbb installed on the server, and will see what happens.

Form is loading...