Recent Topics

1 Dec 06, 2005 15:39    

Any plans to make these plugins for Phoenix?
They sure 'were' nice in Dawn.
I sure hope I have asked in the right place.
:lol:

2 Dec 06, 2005 16:38

Speaking strictly for me and the heavy hitters I made: nope! There is already a page views feature in the phoenix alpha release, though it's not in all the skins that've been upgraded. I made a bunch of skins be "phoenix-friendly" but did NOT add that particular detail to any of them because, well, because I didn't is all. The new skins available from the skins repository may or may not have the feature, but the 'custom' skin that came with the installation does.

It's very simple to add if you want it. Simply add

$Item->views();
echo ' '.T_('views');

to the place in your skin where you want to see the traffic each post is getting. BE AWARE when the alpha turns into an official public release the second line will not be needed, but for now it's the only way to explain what the number represents.

3 Dec 06, 2005 17:43

Ok, thanks. A sidebar list is nice, but not absolutely necessary.

I think I almost got the captcha to work, but it was turning into a mess trying to track all the changed functions and calls to non-existent files.

4 Dec 15, 2005 20:58

EdB,
Is there some code (a plugin, maybe) to display a list of the most read posts in the sidebar? That wouldn't be a hard plugin to make. If no one else has done it I may give it a go.

Danny

5 Dec 15, 2005 22:11

personman wrote:

EdB,
Is there some code (a plugin, maybe) to display a list of the most read posts in the sidebar? That wouldn't be a hard plugin to make. If no one else has done it I may give it a go.

Danny

I've written a hack for 0.9.1 but haven't ported it to Phoenix yet. What version are you running?

What I did was make copies of /skins/custom/_last_comments.php and /skins/last_comments.php. I called mine _last_comments_mod.php.'

Then I modified that to display more of a sidebar-friendly list.

here's a sample (look on the sidebar) http://hamtramckstar.com/ - the code is also being used at http://markmaynard.com.

I plan to package this hack for easy installation after porting it for Phoenix.

6 Dec 15, 2005 22:15

I must be missing something. I don't see anything on your site that shows the posts with the most page views. I see a list of recent comments in the sidebar. Code for that has been around for a while and it's already been made into a plugin for 1.6. I'm talking about making a new plugin for 1.6 that pulls the number of times each story has been viewed and displays links to the 5 most viewed posts.

7 Dec 15, 2005 22:49

Howdy personman and all others!

If you're into it then go for it, otherwise this is a plugin I'll be happy to make. Specifically: the ability to list in the sidebar the posts that get the most traffic. In reading this thread again it dawns on me that the sidebar list is the bit that phoenix doesn't have, so it'd be a rip to go there.

8 Dec 15, 2005 22:55

personman wrote:

I must be missing something. I don't see anything on your site that shows the posts with the most page views.

I'm the one missing something. This is what I get for reading via rss, I thought you were just asking about recent comments.

Form is loading...