Recent Topics

1 Dec 08, 2005 00:58    

The categories in the linkblog seem to be displayed in the order in which they were created, and right now (as far as I know) you can't change the order. Or can you? I'd like to be able to control the order in which they're listed. This would be a useful feature if someone can come up with a way to do it.
:lol:

2 Dec 08, 2005 18:56

They're sorted alphabetically.

I'll add it to the todo list to have an "order" attribute with each category.

4 Dec 29, 2005 18:21

Despite finding numerous posts that try to assure me that categories post in alphabetical order, mine do not. I am baffled.

Take a look at http://hhollick.com/v-web/b2/index.php/istm. The categories are in ID order, not alphabetical. I want them alphabetical. How do I change this?

Many thanks,
Heather

5 Dec 29, 2005 18:44

Technically speaking your categories are in alphabetical order. The categories block shows cat 25 above cat 24 and both those above cat 22. The ID-ordered bit is the categories in your linkblog. One would think they'd be the same, but obviously they're not.

Unfortunately I don't know how to change that for you. Seems to be something in the way skins/linkblog pulls up cats - it just gets them, but I admit I didn't look too deep at it. Hopefully someone smart will come along and get you a hack that does what you seek.

ASSUMING what you want is to have your categories in your linkblog be alphabetical instead of numberetical!

6 Dec 29, 2005 18:59

EdB

Thanks for the reply. You are correct. What I am trying to do is have the categories in my LINKBLOG sort in alphabetical order. My regular category list seems to be working fine.

If all else fails, I will tweak the category IDs in the SQL database. Not pretty, but I don't plan on adding too many categories.

Best,
Heather

http://hhollick.com/v-web/b2/index.php/istm

7 Jan 13, 2006 05:39

Is there a way to sort the linkblog in decending order starting with the latest post?

I know I could probably use the summary.php trick, but I'm wondering if there is a better way...

Thanks.

8 Dec 08, 2006 23:53

This is an old topic, but I would just like to add my "thumbs up" to the idea of being able to assign a display order to the categories, especially with regards to the linkblog.

That is, rather than ordering the categories in creation order, alpha order or any db-typical order, be able to manually assign them a display order.

9 Mar 10, 2007 15:45

Is there news on this?
I'm trying to figure out how to make my categories appear in the order I created them, instead of the alphabetical order.

10 Oct 29, 2007 12:00

Is there already a way, to change the order in which the categories are displayed on the frontend?. I´d prefer to have them listed in a more content-related sequence than alphabetical.

Thanks for your short feedback!

Form is loading...