Recent Topics

1 Dec 27, 2005 08:08    

Hi I just installed b2Evolution and have been going though the set up admin pannels and I can not seam to find where you set the current skin to. If I clikc on the template button I get the options for editing thefiles with the built in editor but how do you just select a skin you have uploaded.

I downloaded and then uploaded a nu,ber of skins I wish to test and simple un rared them, then uploaded them in a subdir of templates.

http://webspace.com/b2blog/templates/green

For example.

Now how do you use them?

2 Dec 27, 2005 10:01

Skins go in your /skins/ folder after unzipping. For example let's say you get "fancyskin". You unzip it and verify you have a folder called "fancyskin" with a handful of files in it and maybe an /img/ folder - NOT another folder called "fancyskin". It's an issue with zips sometimes that you get a folder in a folder, so you gotta be sure you've got the proper "fancyskin" folder.

Anyway upload the "fancyskin" folder to your /skins/ folder, then go to your back office blogs tab. Select a blog and either enable skin switching or select "fancyskin" as the default skin from the drop-down menu. The first method will allow visitors to select a skin. The second will force them to see the skin you've chosen. Both together will mean first they see "fancyskin" but can choose a different skin if they want.

Note that not all skins have skin switching code in them, so for everything to work really depends on the skin in question.

3 Dec 27, 2005 12:02

great thanks a lot ... everything is working now cheers

Form is loading...