Recent Topics

1 Jan 09, 2006 00:47    

Hi All,

I'm very new to b2evolution, and I am very impressed so far but I was wondering is their a way to only allow users of the blog to be able to post but only able to edit what they have posted and commented on?

Any ideas guys?, I can't work it out.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Digit

3 Jan 10, 2006 15:23

Thanks kuzba. I wanted to share that link but failed to. Also it doesn't address the comments aspect as well as it probably should, but it's a mighty fine hack when you have many bloggers posting in the same blog.

4 Mar 02, 2006 00:06

Right now, all my users can edit any users post. I need either to make it so that users can only edit their own posts, or, if this is easier, so that users cannot edit any posts, only administrators. I tried using the hack above and I only got error messages.

Maybe if you could show me how the hack looks exactly in place in the .php file. Show me exactly where it fits with the code above it and the code below it. I'm new to all this stuff.

5 Mar 02, 2006 00:51

On your blogs/select blog/permissions tab you can remove 'edit' permission from every blogger except admin in every blog. That way no one will be able to edit anything - except the admin of course.

6 Sep 28, 2006 14:44

On your blogs/select blog/permissions tab you can remove 'edit' permission from every blogger except admin in every blog. That way no one will be able to edit anything - except the admin of course.

but if you do that, the users get the following error message...

"Since you're a newcomer, you'll have to wait for an admin to authorize you to post. You can also e-mail the admin to ask for a promotion. When you're promoted, just reload this page and you'll be able to blog. :) "

and with the hack above, I'm currently running v1.8.2 and I couldn't figure out exactly where to put the code...

so what to do?

Are there any hacks out there that really work?

Or is there somebody who can explain the above hack clearly?

thanks a lot guys!

Form is loading...