Recent Topics

1 Jan 08, 2006 17:38    

Hey i'm new to b2evolution but only 2 days in and i'm already very impressed and having fun setting my blog up.

Right now I have the four default blogs set up, 2 I have renamed but I will use their default names to make this easy. When I goto my blog I have the option at the top to view either Blog All, Blog A, Blog B and Linkblog. I want to keep Blog All and Linkblog but I don't want them to show at the top of the blog. So I have Blog A setup as the default page and I want to give my visitors the option to view Blog B. I don't want to give them the option to view the other 2 but I also don't want to delete or lock them.

I hope you undesrstand what I am trying to say. Also I read the FAQ, user manual and did a forum search but didn't find my answer.

Thank you in advance.

2 Jan 08, 2006 20:01

In your back office pick the blogs tab. Select a blog you don't want people to have an easy link to. Find the box that says "include in public blog list" and uncheck it. You might want to leave the box that says "include public blog list" checked so that if someone does somehow end up in a non-displayed blog they'll have links to the blogs they belong in.

I forget which blogs you want to show links to, but one way the above can happen is if they follow a permalink to a linkblog post. They end up in the linkblog but maybe you didn't want that link showing, so now they will still have links back to the blogs you want displayed.

3 Jan 09, 2006 14:12

Oh brilliant, thank you EdB that was just what I was looking for. Keep up the good work.

Form is loading...