Recent Topics

1 Jan 23, 2006 05:33    

Anyone up for coding this one?

Should have a command in the 'write' section to truncate the post for emailing. If the post is long admin can pick a spot to insert the 'truncate for post forwarding by email' command.

Each post could include a 'forward to friend' link.

When visitor clicks 'forward to friend' link they would see:

- a text box to enter their email address (to be used in the sender's portion of email header)

- a text area to enter their comments, which would appear in the email above the article snippet.

- a text area to enter email addresses one per line

forward feature could be used by registered users only to avoid spam abuse.

Outbound emails would have:

Forwarders email in sender's block

Forwarder's comments

Truncated article with link to blog post for 'rest of story'

2 Jan 23, 2006 05:36

this has nearly already been done in scott's "send to a friend" hack.. search for it, its here somewhere.

Im not entirely why you would want to send a post from the admin area, thats sort of what "subscribe to blog" is for. Im pretty sure thats been done too.

I, for one, wouldnt want unsolicited mail from someone just because I registered on their site to post a comment -- If i were to subscribe, then thats my choice.

3 Jan 23, 2006 05:50

Thanks whoo.
I'll look for the other hack.

I don't want to send from admin. I just want a way to limit what's being forwarded in case it's a long article.

It's intended to be used by a logged in, registered blog visitor to forward useful content to their friends; not a blog admin to blast emails to registered users.

Form is loading...