Recent Topics

1 Feb 02, 2006 23:05    

do you think it possible to have linkblog be a blog from another B2EVO system?

eg

www.yourdomain.com/blogs/index.php?blog=7

is the linkblog called up into

www.yourdomain.com/moreblogs/index.php?blog=12

same server different blog directory

2 Feb 03, 2006 02:04

Yes, very. I do it but I'm not sure how. No hacking required though. Oh yeah. My main installation is in my root with another installation in a folder. In my main installation I created a 'blog' and told it the URL was /foldername/index.php, then everything else doesn't matter. When a visitor clicks the link they get taken to the next installation where all the blog controls are set up for that installation. I also told the second installation that I had a 'blog' that happens to be the primary installation but I'm not sure how I did that.

I'm using a CVS version that is a couple of weeks old so the terminology in my admin areas might not match the terminology in the .9.* generation is why I'm saying it can be done without giving all the detailed how-tos on it.

3 Feb 03, 2006 14:24

I'll mess with this and report back

4 Feb 03, 2006 18:05

I saw in the title "link blog" but missed the actual text where you specify linkblog - doh! What I do, which is not what you want, is to link a blog. That blog has it's own linkblog of course. I think you might have a hard time doing what you want to do because you'll have to access (connect to) the other installation's database in order to pull titles and links from it.

Best of luck on this!

Form is loading...