Recent Topics

1 Mar 14, 2006 22:32    

The "Posts/Days per page" on setting page is restricted on 10. But all blogs, including 'blog 1', display all the posts no matter how many posts I set for per page.

Any idea?

The link to my blog:
http://gislee.com/

2 Mar 15, 2006 00:00

Okay that's weird. Do you get the same problem when you use the 'custom' skin? I can't imagine why it'd be a skin issue, but you never know and it's an easy test to make. Also have you done any hacks anywhere?

3 Mar 15, 2006 01:58

As always, thanks Edb!

I tried use the 'custom' skin but the same, nothing change.
The b2 verson im using is the lasted 1.6, and almost brand new.
I dont know if the problem existed before I moved to a new host(current host) one month ago. What I hack/moded is all about the skin, but it seems not a skin matter in this case.

4 Mar 16, 2006 02:20

Can someone point me which files determine posts per page please? I may try to replace them with new files and see if that work.

5 Mar 16, 2006 06:28

Try grabbing a fresh zip of 1.6, unzipping it locally, then replacing the evocore folder. This is assuming you've done no hacks to any files in that folder eh? Even so, if you replace the entire folder and lose your hacks AND correct this issue you'll be on to something. After evocore you can do a complete replacement of the admin folder, but I don't think that one will matter. I don't know exactly which files are part of the "posts per page" stuff, but I'd bet a dollar it's handled by the evocore folder.

Oh and did it ever work correctly? If so you've got another hint for finding the culprit. If not then completely replacing a folder is a good method.

6 Mar 16, 2006 13:29

I'v tried and replaced the entire folders of 'evocore', 'admin' and 'htsrv' one by one but seems nothing to do with the problem.

I dont know if it ever work or not cause I never worry about posts per page when I just got a little posts, but now when posts become more and more per page it loads slower and slower.

Now I'm thinking will it be a database issue?

7 Mar 17, 2006 23:08

8| Oh God!
I'v now run out of any available options that I even replaced all the blog files but no luck at all. Will I have to reinstall the database? Who the expert points me a new way? I dont wanna lose all my posts and setting..

8 Mar 18, 2006 00:55

Hi jwen. If you use something like phpmyadmin to check out your database you can browse the evo_settings table and look for 'posts_per_page' and 'what_to_show' to see if they have the values you'd expect.

Something to try: reduce the posts per page to 3 and see how it affects blogs other than blog 1. Also consider turning off "Use extra-path info" and see if that changes anything though I can't imagine why.

It's not impossible that you've got a set of conditions that equal a bug in 1.6!

9 Mar 18, 2006 03:17

Bug!!
Thanks a ton EdB!! :D
I change the setting "Display unit" from 'days' to 'posts' and it works amazingly! The default setting for the "Display unit" is 'posts' and I cant remember when I changed it to 'days', probably that produces the problem.

Thanks again! :D

Form is loading...