Recent Topics

1 Mar 17, 2006 00:52    

From Sourceforge I see that to get cvs version I need to do this:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/evocms login

Then I would do this:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/evocms co -P b2evolution

However the first one fails - rejects the anonymous user...is this disabled? I don't know how else to get the cvs build! Would be nice if there was some updates for the files since everyone seem to be using 1.7 beta and I see that for downloads 1.6 alpha is only available!

Many thanks

2 Mar 17, 2006 02:07

I think sourceforge is broken right now, and don't be too sure about everyone using 1.7! A few of us forum-junkies are, but that sure ain't 'everyone'. Besides once sourceforge starts doing it's thing again you'll never get 1.7 cuz b2evolution is now working on 1.8 (or maybe beyond it).

Betcha a dollar there ain't no two people using the same version of 1.7!!!

Betcha a dollar every one of us who using anything from CVS won't be able to upgrade without doing it manually and cursing a lot in the process!!!

3 Mar 17, 2006 09:26

Bottom line :
don't use 1.7 for anything related to something you want to keep in the future !!
don't use 1.7 for something related to production data.

The only valid reason to look into 1.7 is if you are a programmer and wants to make pluginns..

4 Mar 25, 2006 20:05

In the recent weeks i've been having troubles downloading the latest cvs, you just need to keep trying, after about the 10th try or so it will work.

5 Mar 25, 2006 23:19

EdB wrote:

Betcha a dollar every one of us who using anything from CVS won't be able to upgrade without doing it manually and cursing a lot in the process!!!

Send me the dollar.. :p

Since we have db_delta() now, updating in general is nearly as easy as:

cvs -q update -Pd

and going to /install/.

It's still not recommended for the not-advanced user, as you also have to keep track of changes like column-renames (or -drops) and data conversion, which are done through _functions_evoupgrade.php and currently we do not bump $new_db_version for it in CVS - only for releases.

Form is loading...