Recent Topics

1 Apr 13, 2006 07:12    

how can i move a sidebar into the left hand side of the blog?

i got a recent posts sidebar block and i wanna place it into the left hand side of the blog, would someone please help me with it?

2 Apr 13, 2006 22:54

You can edit the _main.php file of the skin you're using. Cut the code for that block out and paste it where you want it to be.

3 Apr 14, 2006 09:51

personman wrote:

You can edit the _main.php file of the skin you're using. Cut the code for that block out and paste it where you want it to be.

i am so sorry that i don't really understand how to paste it where i wnat it to be

i just tried, i am able to move it up and down but i fail to move it to the left hand side of the blog.

are there any kind of software which is visual to edit .PHP file? since i just using notepad to edit it.

thx!

5 Apr 14, 2006 15:06

kamiru,
If you post a link to your blog and/or tell us what skin you're using, we can have a better chance to tell you exactly what code to look for and where to put it.

6 Apr 16, 2006 02:05

personman wrote:

kamiru,
If you post a link to your blog and/or tell us what skin you're using, we can have a better chance to tell you exactly what code to look for and where to put it.

sorry about it. i am such a fool :(

this is my blog(sorry it's in chinese):
www.skykamiru.net/blog

and i am using the skin "clean"

7 Apr 16, 2006 15:15

Thanks for the link. Do you want to move the entire sidebar to the left side, or just move some of the blocks to the left and leave some on the right? That would give you a 3 column skin instead of 2. That's a fairly major change, but it's possible.

8 Apr 17, 2006 04:10

personman wrote:

Thanks for the link. Do you want to move the entire sidebar to the left side, or just move some of the blocks to the left and leave some on the right? That would give you a 3 column skin instead of 2. That's a fairly major change, but it's possible.

i think what i want is to move only one block to the left, and leave the rest of those on the right hand side.

how can i do that?

9 Apr 17, 2006 04:15

Kamiru,

Creating a third column isn't going to be a simple change. You'll have to move the code around in your _main.php and fix up the css to make it all work. And since your skin is a fixed-width skin, you're going to run out of space. I recommend that you do one of these things:

a) Read up on css and xhtml to understand how to make the change and make it look how you want, or

b) Look through skins.b2evolution.net for a 3-column skin that you can use, and modify that to look how you want.

10 Apr 17, 2006 10:10

personman wrote:

Kamiru,

Creating a third column isn't going to be a simple change. You'll have to move the code around in your _main.php and fix up the css to make it all work. And since your skin is a fixed-width skin, you're going to run out of space. I recommend that you do one of these things:

a) Read up on css and xhtml to understand how to make the change and make it look how you want, or

b) Look through skins.b2evolution.net for a 3-column skin that you can use, and modify that to look how you want.

do you mean something like this?
http://skins.b2evolution.net/a.php?skin=ality

11 Apr 17, 2006 14:19

Yes, exactly. Install that on your blog and then you can modify that to make it look just how you want.

Form is loading...