Recent Topics

1 Apr 19, 2006 02:13    

I'm having something strange happen. I've set my blog up to e-mail me when there is a new comment.

At the bottom of the e-mail it gives me and Edit/Delete option with the link to edit my blog. i.e. delete the comment if it's spam and report it to the spam database.

I've been doing that all day today, when suddenly I click on the link at it brings up a login page. I login and get permission denied. However, when I look up to the right corner of the screen it says I'm logged in. So, I log out, log back in and still get permission denied.

I've cleared my cookies, tried it again, and I still get permission denied.

Anyone have any suggestions?

2 Apr 19, 2006 21:04

Are you using version 0.9.1?

My guess would be that you either mistype your password when trying to login, or someone has "captured" your password/cookie from unencrypted network traffic.

What about the "Forgot password" link? It should work, as long as your email address has not been changed.

You could change both of it (email and password) directly in the DB (table evo_users). When changing the password, you'll have to MD5() it.

3 Apr 19, 2006 21:56

b2evo v 0.9.0.10

I tried the new password option and had a new password e-mailed to me.

Now when I log in I get this message:

"Since you're a newcomer, you'll have to wait for an admin to authorize you to post. You can also e-mail the admin to ask for a promotion. When you're promoted, just reload this page and you'll be able to blog. :)"

I don't know if this means anything, but this occurred exactly one year to the date I created my blog.

4 Apr 19, 2006 22:05

I don't know if this means anything, but this occurred exactly one year to the date I created my blog.

It means, that your cookie expired.

"Newcomer" means, that you do not have appropriate rights.

So, now my guess is, that you have not requested the password for the "admin" user, but just another one, which has level 0 and/or no blogs assigned.

At least, the user you've requested a new password for is not the admin user.

Are you sure you've requested the password for the same user/login that you've been logged in the last year before?

5 Apr 19, 2006 22:33

blueyed wrote:

So, now my guess is, that you have not requested the password for the "admin" user, but just another one, which has level 0 and/or no blogs assigned.

At least, the user you've requested a new password for is not the admin user.

Are you sure you've requested the password for the same user/login that you've been logged in the last year before?

Bingo!

I just logged in as admin and I'm back. So, you're right. I was trying to log in as my user, not my admin. Now, what in the heck did I do to my user?

6 Apr 19, 2006 23:36

Have you been logged in as "your user" before always?

7 Apr 20, 2006 00:12

no, I've always been logged in as admin. I've never used my user profile. But, when I got the log in screen, I automatically used my user login instead of admin login. I totally blanked on having to relog in as my admin.

8 Apr 20, 2006 00:27

So, puzzle solved.. ;)

9 Apr 20, 2006 17:22

:D

absolutely. I couldn't have done it without you. Thanks very much. I appreciated your help immensely.

Form is loading...