Recent Topics

1 Apr 19, 2006 02:01    

I am thinking of converting our static web site over to cms. I was going to use b2evo just for the blogs section, but it occurred to me that it might manage the whole site. If I can try to explain a bit, maybe someone can advise me if my thiniking is correct.

I would like several users (about 8 or 10) to have blogs which will interlink. Displaying the list of all blogs, and Blog All itself are perfect for this.

But then I want to change the current static content, currently managed by just two users, each of whom independently develops their side and links to the other.

Could these static pages become b2evo blogs and link to each other? (with a template that doesn't look like a blog). Then each update will involve editing the post, rather than editing the html as currently. If this would work, then these pages should not display the list of all blogs, but instead should link to each other. This could be achieved using a link blog. Then subsections will have their own linkblogs. So a subsection will display the main linkblog and its own section linkblog. There would be about 6 or 8 of these link blogs.

Am I going about this the right way? Is b2evo good for this purpose? Please give me some tips!

2 Apr 20, 2006 16:10

Welcome! I think b2evolution will work for you. It does most of that very easily. Usually a blog can only have one linkblog, but it's not hard at all to include a second linkblog by editing the skin. That's what I do on my site to get my media blog, which shows the books, movies, etc I've been watching right in my sidebar.

3 Apr 21, 2006 10:13

thanks personman

I'm testing with Phoenix. Is that ok, or should I use Dawn for the real thing?

4 Apr 21, 2006 14:17

For now, Dawn is recommended. It performs better and is more stable in general. 1.6-alpha is pretty stable for an alpha and has more features. A lot of people are using it, but it's still an alpha. There are some things that don't work quite right. Whichever you go with, you'll be able to easily upgrade to 1.8 when it comes out.

Form is loading...