Recent Topics

1 May 03, 2006 01:39    

okay I have everything up and running- the db and front end work fine.
b2evo is quite nice and has a lot to it.

I am looking to get a really simple blog site up and running rather quickly. Something really easy to maintain and maybe just a Main blow page. Is there a simple configuration out there that can perform these needs. The demo is rather complex and has a lot to it.

Cheers,

Noah

2 May 03, 2006 14:55

Noah,

I'm not sure what a "main blow page" is, but what I'd do is turn off "blog 1" (the special aggregate "blog_all" blog) ... and delete all the other blogs except one of them. Pick a skin and yer off to the races.

The nice thing about having all those extra features is that they'll be there when you need/want them. ;)

-stk

3 May 03, 2006 16:37

Okay I give up how do I turn off hte default blog?

Cheers,

Noah

4 May 03, 2006 20:43

Noah,

Well, let's see. If you go to the "Blogs" tab ... select #1 (ALL) ... and look under the following:

1) Access Parameters (Preferred access type) - Select the "other blog through index.php". (IF it was "default", this will keep the blog all from being the default blog).

Then ...

2) under Default display options, there should be a "Include in Public Blog List" option (uncheck it). This will keep "Blog All" from even being an option to call.

Then ... (go back to the blogs tab and select whatever blog you want to be your "main blow blog", whatever you called it) ... and make sure that its "preferred access type" is "default blog on index.php" (this will make IT the default).

At least ... that's how I'd do it.

If you have problems, just PM me and I'm sure I can help you sort it out.

Good luck. :D

Also, u

Form is loading...