Recent Topics

1 May 03, 2006 02:28    

Hello,

I need some help please figuring out why it won't allow uploading of photos/images. When I try to upload I get these error messages:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/usr/hsphere/local/home/kealalai/fibrotalk.info/b2evolution/media/Goddess_that_I_made_110x200.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/hsphere/local/home/kealalai/fibrotalk.info/b2evolution/admin/b2upload.php on line 145

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/var/tmp/phpfKqcKg' to '/usr/hsphere/local/home/kealalai/fibrotalk.info/b2evolution/media/Goddess_that_I_made_110x200.jpg' in /usr/hsphere/local/home/kealalai/fibrotalk.info/b2evolution/admin/b2upload.php on line 145
Couldn't upload your file to: /usr/hsphere/local/home/kealalai/fibrotalk.info/b2evolution/media/Goddess_that_I_made_110x200.jpg

These images are not above the 96K limit either. However, I would also like to know how to make limit higher.

Thanks for any help!!

Kealalaina

2 May 03, 2006 06:21

The folder /usr/hsphere/local/home/kealalai/fibrotalk.info/b2evolution/media/ is not writable by the server.

Try chmod it to 755, 775 or 777 (in that order).

You could also chown (change it's owner) to match the one of the webserver.

The upload limit can be edited in some file in /conf/. $upload_maxkb or something similar.

3 May 03, 2006 17:29

Okay, I chmoded the folder like you said, but still get this message...

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/usr/hsphere/local/home/kealalai/fibrotalk.info/b2evolution/media/Goddess_that_I_made_110x200.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/hsphere/local/home/kealalai/fibrotalk.info/b2evolution/admin/b2upload.php on line 145

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/var/tmp/php7vOfAe' to '/usr/hsphere/local/home/kealalai/fibrotalk.info/b2evolution/media/Goddess_that_I_made_110x200.jpg' in /usr/hsphere/local/home/kealalai/fibrotalk.info/b2evolution/admin/b2upload.php on line 145
Couldn't upload your file to: /usr/hsphere/local/home/kealalai/fibrotalk.info/b2evolution/media/Goddess_that_I_made_110x200.jpg

Now what?? :(

THANKS!!

4 May 03, 2006 21:03

Thanks so much for your help. I went back and chmoded 777 and it works. I don't know why when I go to actually upload a file (the screen you enter the file info on) says that I can only upload up to size 96KB. But, it actually allows up to 2MB. So, it is fine. Since I am the only one using the blog it is a non-issue.

Thanks again!!

Kealalaina

Form is loading...