Recent Topics

1 May 19, 2006 11:11    

Hi all,

I am new to b2evolution and would like to setup a blog system supporting multiple users (each user has its own blog).

I just wonder if there is a plugin or solution to make a "add to my friends list" features, here is a example:

http://blog.she.com/?id=905292A1-73C3-403B-BAF6DF45ADB15C6B
(you will find different users in the box "my friends".

Thanks for your advice.

Sharevt

2 May 19, 2006 11:39

To the best of my knowledge there isn't (currently) a plugin that will do that.

If it was me, I'd probably create a new table to link users to linkblogs and then have a button that created the relevant link in the users linkblog. Then you'd just need to setup a linkblog for each user and let evo do the rest.

¥

3 Jul 09, 2006 23:47

Going to start work on this now.

Plugin will be called 'Friends List'.

Ideas? Suggestions? What do you want it to do? How do you want it to work?

Should there be a 'dude1 wants to be your friends, let him?', or when someone requests its done.

Should a friend request be 2-way or 1-way;
dude1 adds dude2 as friend:
*2-way; dude2 becomes dude1's friend, dude1 becomes dude2's friends.
*1-way; dude2 becomes dude1's friend.

Ideas suggestions, etc.

4 Jul 10, 2006 00:54

balupton wrote:

Going to start work on this now.

Plugin will be called 'Friends List'.

Ideas? Suggestions? What do you want it to do? How do you want it to work?

Should there be a 'dude1 wants to be your friends, let him?', or when someone requests its done.

Should a friend request be 2-way or 1-way;
dude1 adds dude2 as friend:
*2-way; dude2 becomes dude1's friend, dude1 becomes dude2's friends.
*1-way; dude2 becomes dude1's friend.

Ideas suggestions, etc.

I think it should be one way, but it should need authorisation from the 'friend'. Or actually... how difficult would it be to code a choice (for the site administrator) of either one way or two way?

This is just my two cents, but the way i envisioned it would be a collection of avatars with mouse-over usernames something like deviantart does (i think). But thats just me. Anything would be greatly appreciated!

John

5 Jul 10, 2006 05:32

Yes the collection of avatars is exactly what i had in mind.

And one-way without authorization would be the easiest to code, so i will start off with that, and then we'll see about adding authorization and 2-way features and make it a setting within the plugin.

EDIT: Also i would like to add a feature that extracts your myspace friends, and adds them to your list. (I hate myspace).
To do this i was thinking just scan the myspace friends page, extract the list, and then for our list use their myspace name, avatar, and url, for the list.
It would not actually add the myspace users to the b2evo users (unless people think this is a good idea) - their password could be their friendID....

6 Jul 15, 2006 12:48

Any developments on this? I'm not being pushy, just curious :D

John

7 Jul 15, 2006 13:11

Notice the "On Hold" in my signature ;)
After the 20th, i will be able to concentrate on b2evo again.

But i will be setting up a todo list, and hopefully a digg-it style plugin, a

customizable digg-it style plugin ;)

So i in my todo list, i can have [ Shout a Beer! ], and that will become my priority of the todo list, more beers getting shouted to a particular thing, the more inclined i'll be to work on it ;)

But first i will need to make my Avatar Plugin, as well.

Don't expect it anytime soon ;), Probz Earliest would be a month.

Form is loading...