Recent Topics

1 May 25, 2006 15:28    

Hope someone can help.

From the admin area, I can not upload a file or image. This error message is returned:-

Couldn't upload your file to: /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/blog/media/Image017.jpg

(X's replaced my user name)

I can upload images via an external editor, Post2Blog.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2 Jun 01, 2006 16:12

You need to make sure that the media folder has the right permissions. It should be writable by the web server.

3 Jun 01, 2006 16:21

Forgive my ignorance, what settings are therefore required 777 or whatever. Appreciate you're help.

4 Jun 01, 2006 16:24

It can vary by server configuration. Try 777. If that works you can either leave it or try moving to 775 to see if it still works. In this way to can find the most secure permissions that still allow you to upload. Or you can ask your web host about the right settings. Or you can just use 777.

5 Jun 01, 2006 16:27

personman wrote:

It can vary by server configuration. Try 777. If that works you can either leave it or try moving to 775 to see if it still works. In this way to can find the most secure permissions that still allow you to upload. Or you can ask your web host about the right settings. Or you can just use 777.

Thank you. I'll fiddle with that tomorrow.....it's midnight just gone here in Melbourne and I'm heading off to bed.......Thanks again.

6 Aug 23, 2006 05:23

I am still getting an error 'moving' the picture. I set up the 777 for the media folder. I can FTP to the media folder but can't get anything up there via the "Upload Picture" button on b2evo.

Any ideas?

Edgar

Form is loading...