Recent Topics

1 Jun 05, 2006 13:08    

Hi

Can anyone tell me why my blog shows the FULL message in my blog main page.

Can I let it show only the first 200 words while the rest are in the main article?

http://flashgamecafe.com/blogging/index.php

Please help

2 Jun 05, 2006 15:30

Let me get this straight. You want this forum to host a free link back to your site (in your signature (the link has been removed by a forum admin)), and you want free technical support for the free software that you downloaded. But, you went out of your way to edit your blog skin to remove the link to b2evolution. That doesn't seem right to me.

Let me know when you've fixed these problems and I'll be happy to help you with your problem (which, by the way, was explained in one of the posts that came pre-installed on the blog, which you clearly deleted without reading).

3 Jun 05, 2006 16:33

Careful there personman! Keep this up and you'll have 1 in 100 people jumping on you because you dare to point out the obvious. Before you know it people will think you're me ;)

4 Jun 07, 2006 21:39

so much for that, eh?

5 Jul 17, 2007 18:31

I'm pretty new to using blogs and b2evolution but have found it to be excellent for our site. :)

We run a community group website fighting a plant that is pumping out emissions into our suburbs. We bought our homes in a nice residential area and the folk who own the plant built this facility only streets away from us. Residents have reported and complained they are suffering health wise when they experience the emissions. I use the blog to archive our newsletters for our community group.

I would also like to know how to shorten my message in the main blog so that it's a summary (so to speak) on the main page and then you can click on a link that says "more" for example and it goes to the page with the full story / update / article etc.

Kind regards
Mandy c/o CMCOAG

6 Jul 18, 2007 00:24

Actually it's easy to do this, but you have to think of it each time you post. It doesn't do it after a certain number of words. All you do is at the point where you want the first bit to end (where you want the "more" link to show up) you click the !M button on your quicktags toolbar. Like this:

adsf asdfadsf afgt aertretae argearg aefga rfgaergae gaergaerg aeregt aergaeeg
<<click the !M button>>
adsfasdf asdfasdfa dsa fgadsfgasdf asdf asdfr egyeyhgtrsh rjt teyjtj dtyj jhyt

Make sense?

7 Jul 18, 2007 07:40

Yes, it does. I've just opened the admin and it's under write, then experts - the grey box with "!M".

Wow, thanks so much for that. That's a huge help!

Hugs to you for getting back to me, I really appreciate it...

Mandy
CMCOAG

Form is loading...