Recent Topics

1 Jun 05, 2006 04:14    

After installing ver 1.6 on a remote server, i got a blank screen instead any login page. On this server i did not installed succesfully any b2 or wp, but on other server i did.
Tryed a lot of solutions red a lot of documentations and topic.
If i manualy imput
b2evo/admin/index.html - blank
b2evo/index.html - blank

remote server: 110mb.com
adress: http://crom.110mb.com/b2evo
MySQL - 4.1.12, phpMyAdmin - 2.8.0.3, Used PHP extensions: mysql, utf8_general_ci

I guess is a server side settings inphp or myqsl but i'm not so experienced, so i have to tell something to support about this - can anyone help me with this ?

2 Jun 05, 2006 15:32

Sounds like a web host problem. Your best bet is to check with technical support for your host.

3 Jun 05, 2006 16:00

Yes, i guess that too, but i asked them in the support forum and no response. i guess i have to tell them more about. But if i'm not familiar with the b2evo engine and how it works - what should i tell them ???
If i enter b2evo/admin/ default should open index.php where i can find:
require dirname(__FILE__).'/b2edit.php' - i dont know nothing about php, so I asked here for help.
My question is: for opening the login page what operations are made? (open db, read xx record etc.) somewhere is a problem. Support in that page is great and they are in some way flexible - they can relax the security settings for some accounts, but what shoud i ask for ???

4 Jun 05, 2006 16:03

If you want to test something yourself, try thist. Create a file called phpinfo.php and put this in it:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Then, upload that and post a link to it here. If it also generates a blank page, then your problem is the PHP on your host's server and it has nothing to do with b2evolution.

5 Jun 05, 2006 16:42

Have you tried index.php instead of .html?

7 Jun 05, 2006 18:08

I wanna thank you for quick response, is very encouraging too see that.
I want a multiblog to install on a a free hosting server for a project who involve 4 schools for kids with disabillities from 4 diferend country.
ATM is no money for this project so it must be a free hosting. I stoped on this one because they offer 110 mb and 5gb traffic, and storage will be free exteded to 750 mb when you reach that 110mb limit, but i tried also mu wordpress and I have the same problem after install - blank page, if i cant resolve that i guess i have to find another provider.

It's not advertising at all, but the offer is very tempting, so maybe other ppl will have the same problems with this server.
Thanks for help.

8 Jun 05, 2006 18:47

This sounds like a fatal php error that does not show up because of display_errors=off in the php.ini.

Please edit your php.ini and set

error_reporting=E_ALL
display_errors=on

there.

.. or take a look at the server's error log first.

9 Jun 05, 2006 19:02

Thanks a lot for info, i just send to the support team of the server your comment, i hope i will receive a quick response.

Thanks a lot !!

10 Jun 05, 2006 19:48

You could do this yourself through using a .htaccess file. No need IMHO to contact the support.

However, in a .htaccess file you would write:

php_flag display_errors on
php_value error_reporting 2047

11 Jun 05, 2006 20:33

server does not suppot this

Form is loading...