Recent Topics

1 Jun 06, 2006 17:16    

Hi

I've installed the happyblog skin for my blog, and everything looks fine in Mozilla FireFox. However, when viewing it in IE 6 (version 6.0.2900.2180) the following happens :

1. The blog looks fine when accessing it for the first time.
2. When a category which contains a small number of posts is browsed, the following problem occurs. This problem occurs only if the number of posts is fairly low (for that given category) : When hovering over a link (eg. post comment) in the post, the remainder of the screen that was left under the last post disappears. It comes back again when hovering over a category link in the left hand column.

To see what happens, go to www.jacquesbotha.net/blogs and click on the 'books' category. Hover over the link 'Leave a comment' (in any of the posts).

To get the bottom section of the screen back, hover over any of the category links in the left hand column.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Jacques

2 Jun 06, 2006 18:49

This is really strange. More evidence that Internet Explorer is crap. This should fix it, though. Find

a:hover {
        color: #808080;
        background: #FEF7CD;
}

And change it to this:

a:hover {
        color: #808080;
}

For some reason, that seems to fix it.

3 Jun 07, 2006 09:41

Thanx a lot. Seems to have fixed it. I really didn't need (more) evidence that IE is crap, but there you go.

4 Nov 07, 2006 22:42

Hi there !!

I've got the same problem, but in IE, the end of the sidebar reappears only when the [u]submenu (blog listing)[/u] is hovered over.

I use the Plain template, and this is my css:

.submenu {
}
.submenu a {
display:block;
width:100%;
background-image:url(images/backgrounds/submenua.gif);
background-position:right;
background-repeat:no-repeat;
padding:5px;
padding-right:0;
}
.submenu a:hover {
background-color:#eeeeee;
background-image:url(images/backgrounds/submenua_hover.jpg);
background-repeat:repeat-y;
}

Which should I delete please?
(I've tried a few things, but I don't seem to make it work)

many thanks

Form is loading...