Recent Topics

1 Jun 24, 2006 00:26    

1. When I go to the demo blog (1.8-dev) and I try to write a comment containing angle brackets (< or >), I get the following error:

Cannot post comment, please correct these errors: Parser error: not well-formed (invalid token)

o(><)o !!! <-- (so this emoticon won't work, unless you're smart enough to know how to escape it, HTML-wise)

Are visitors to a b2evolution blog expected to automatically know they aren't allowed to use (unescaped) angle brackets in their posts? I don't see a "plain text" mode for people new to the web. And I can type < and > just fine here (in phpBB) so it can be fixed. Even vbcode's [ and ] work fine here.

2. I tried creating an unordered list (using <ul>) and, with the "Auto-BR" option enabled, I got the following error:

Tag <br> is not allowed within tag <ul>

2a. It should be using <br/> instead of <br> because the page is XHTML. With HTML4.0 it might be okay, but that isn't the case on the demo blog.

2b. Even if the <br> were replaced with <br/>, the error message would still be false, because it's perfectly valid to have <br/>'s inside a list element. (I double-checked with the [url=http://validator.w3.org]W3C Validator[/url].)

2 Jun 24, 2006 02:54

Re: 2.
I'll take a look at the auto-p-plugin about this one.. I think the "<br>" in the validator error message refers to some "<br />".

The "<br />" probably gets inserted in the <ul> and not the <li> that's inside the <ul> and this may be not valid, but I'm not sure.

3 Jun 28, 2006 01:34

Re: 1.
I agree that comment input should be plain text by default and users should check a box if they want to use html.

Furthermore, giving the html option should be a choice of the blog params.

Now... who wants to implement that? ;)

4 Jun 28, 2006 21:43

Re: 2

It's not the auto-p plugin.. it's the autobrize method that gets called when AutoBR is checked.. there's no easy fix and it should get fixed the option above and using renderers for comments instead of the (deprecated) AutoBR option.

5 Nov 08, 2006 19:31

Yes, as a new user I also found this unnecessarily confusing, simply because I would have normally expected that everything would be converted to HTML entities anyway.

Form is loading...