Recent Topics

1 Jun 25, 2006 16:54    

I was wondering if there is a K2 template for b2evolution available somewhere. Is there?

2 Jun 25, 2006 19:29

yes its called kubrick, and its available for download on the skins page

If you review the k2 site you will notice that most of it's 'advanced" features center around wordpress plugins.

3 Jun 26, 2006 03:11

I guess K2 is slighty different from kubrick...

4 Jun 26, 2006 03:43

Again, from the features page:

Options Page: Write a blurp about yourself for the frontpage. Choose between traditional or livesearch. Set up the Delicious plugin without editing code. Create an archives page which employs the LiveArchives plugin. Select from dropdown between custom CSS files. This is what the options page does.

Notice the emphasis on plugins? The options are hooked into the backend of wordpress.

Livesearch: K2 comes bundled with an AJAX-powered livesearch solution which works out of the box. No setting up, no code editing, it just works.

A plugin.

Plugin Support: K2 has code in place for supporting a wide range of useful plugins. All you have to do is upload and activate the plugins you want to use (pick from the list below).

Plugins. WORDPRESS plugins.

Asides Support: If you want to use Matt's Asides, K2 comes with a complete implementation, which even allows you to choose whether you want them inline or on the sidebar.

Asides is a WORDPRESS plugin created by Matt W

Author Comments Highlighted: What it says. The author of an entry has his comments highlighted.

This is a hack, it MIGHT have been made into a plugin by now. At any rate, its hardly something worth creating an entire new theme over.

K2 Schemes: K2 comes with a 'hook' of sorts, which allows you to place a file called k2scheme.css in the K2 directory and place your CSS in there instead of in the main CSS file. This will make it much easier for you to upgrade and in general keep K2 cruft-free.

Notice the word "hook"? >> thats a term that refers in this case to the backend of WordPress.

Aside from the AJAX stuff that I left off of here, K2 is nothing more than Kubrick on WordPress steroids.

Not to discourage anyone from trying to do an exact duplication, but it would be re-inventing the wheel.

Form is loading...