Recent Topics

1 Jun 30, 2006 11:34    

In my link blog I'd like to change the order of the links: The most important /relevant links should be displayed on the top. Is it possible to rearrange the order of the links (posts)?

(A workaround would be to order the links via editing the date, let's say the most important link is dated in the year 2100. But as far as I know, posts with dates in the future cannot be displayed)

2 Jun 30, 2006 16:19

Couldn't you edit the dates to all be before today's date, though? Set your bottom link to 1984, your next one to 1985, etc?

Just a thought...

3 Jun 30, 2006 16:41

Your "Forthcoming events" section is your linkblog? The linkblog does it alphabetically. I'm pretty sure it's not that hard to change, but I don't have the files in front of me right now. It'll take a hack in one of the core files to do it. I'll see about getting there, and hope that someone else gets there first.

4 Jul 01, 2006 00:14

Nate wrote:

Couldn't you edit the dates to all be before today's date, though? Set your bottom link to 1984, your next one to 1985, etc?

Just a thought...

Yes, that would be a good workaround, actually!

5 Jul 01, 2006 00:20

EdB wrote:

Your "Forthcoming events" section is your linkblog?

No, that's the RSS feed of my calendar. I haven't had a linkblog yet. I've just started using / testing it.

EdB wrote:

The linkblog does it alphabetically

You mean if the linkblog is located in the sidebar? My linkblog is just another blog and posts are sorted by date.

EdB wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's not that hard to change, but I don't have the files in front of me right now. It'll take a hack in one of the core files to do it. I'll see about getting there, and hope that someone else gets there first.

Would be great!

Form is loading...