Recent Topics

1 Jul 10, 2006 13:13    

Has anyone any other skins than the ones that come with the 1.8 beta?

I see that the 1.6 skins don't work and wondered if anyone has tackled any of these yet to convert them.

Or perhaps more importantly, is there a guide in the works to explain to us how to modify our old 1.6 skins to they will work with 1.8

2 Jul 10, 2006 13:38

The conversion from 1.6 to 1.8 skins is simple, their has just been a few name changes and alternative functions that you need to you.

You can just comapre the 1.6 skins with 1.8 skins and you should be able to figure it out.

But you should see a lot of new skins in a month as 1.8 will be released in a few weeks...

3 Jul 10, 2006 13:45

I did notice a few function changes. Glad to hear there aren't many. I might tackle a conversion myself then.

4 Jul 10, 2006 15:33

Well I'm glad I took your word for it.

Got my 1.6 templates running now on my blog. It didn't take much work at all. A matter of a few minutes.

Hopefully I've not missed anything major. The basic functionality is there anyway and comments work. I guess I'll solve any further problems as I hit them.

But for those thinking about converting their current 1.6 skins, go right ahead, it's really easy. Just a few find and replaces needed really for things such as permanent links.

5 Jul 10, 2006 15:38

The main things that you need to make sure you include are the new triggers for plugins in _main.php and _feedback.php, you can find them all in the custom skin

¥

6 Jul 10, 2006 16:41

From 1.6 to 1.8 isn't that hard at all. As ¥åßßå says it's mostly plugin triggers.

I've got a half-baked "do this then that" which I'll turn into a tutorial. Soon!

7 Jul 10, 2006 16:48

EdB wrote:

From 1.6 to 1.8 isn't that hard at all. As ¥åßßå (aka "the crazy Australian") says it's mostly plugin triggers. I've got a half-baked "do this then that" which I'll turn into a tutorial. Soon!

Post it in the WIKI!!! - You know you want to ;)

8 Jul 10, 2006 17:16

Yeah the wiki. Manuwiki or wikiual is the big question. In fact the "0.9.2 to 1.6" will become the "0.9.2 to 1.8" in the wiki, and eventually we can do up a "1.6 to 1.8" for the few who may need it.

9 Jul 11, 2006 05:57

EdB, I'm not sure if you were planning to mention stub files, but they also need some updating. I had to change the last line of code in my stub files (v1.6) from this:

require dirname(__FILE__).'/evocore/_blog_main.inc.php';
?>

to this:

require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/conf/_config.php';

require $inc_path.'_blog_main.inc.php';
?>

Everything else was unchanged.

10 Jul 11, 2006 15:49

Nate wrote:

EdB, I'm not sure if you were planning to mention stub files, but they also need some updating.

I was going to tell people to not even look there, but now that you let the secret out I'll include that detail ;)

Topanga I'm sorry but the Link-A-Word plugin is going to have to wait until we can get a skins conversion guide out there. In fact even a public release of the CC License plugin is going to wait, so it's not just the one you want that's in limbo.

11 Jul 11, 2006 16:19

EdB wrote:

Topanga I'm sorry but the Link-A-Word plugin is going to have to wait until we can get a skins conversion guide out there. In fact even a public release of the CC License plugin is going to wait, so it's not just the one you want that's in limbo.

I'll have to deal with it I suppose...;)

I'll clean this topic a bit and delte all not-on-topic-talk

Form is loading...