Protocol parameters:
Server: evocms.cvs.sourceforge.net
Port: 2401
Repository folder: /cvsroot/evocms
User name: anonymous
Module: b2evolution

5 ) Press ok

Notes:
A ) Alternativly to set the branch and module names you can use update/fetch list to and then pick the appropriate one you want.

B ) If you would like to grab the v-1-8 or any other stable release builds, In the 'Revision' tab, Select 'Choose branch or tag', then type the desired branch/tag name. (e.g. 1.8-beta -> 'v-1-8'). Refer to Note A.

C ) If you just want to download the CVS build without any of the CVS developer files and information, go to the 'Options' tab and check 'Export' instead of 'Checkout'

D ) You can just grab the /blogs/ folder instead of the /b2evolution/ folder as well, by changing the module name to 'b2evolution/blogs'.

Happy cvs'ing.

UPDATE:
Added instructions to the wiki, this is where tutes should now go.
http://manual.b2evolution.net/CVS_version#Check_it_out

Updates:
11th of July, 2006: Added the Wiki link where tutes should now go.
11th of July, 2006: Updated to reflect the changes froop mentioned.

2 Jul 11, 2006 05:47

Just a few little tips and tricks I use with Tortoise :)

The Sourceforge port is 2401. Don't know if it makes any difference but I have it in there anyway.

For Module I use b2evolution/blogs. This saves me grabbing all of the not needed stuff like the docs. It just grabs the needed blog files.

For revision you want to be grabbing the HEAD branch. If you grab the v-1-8 branch its pretty much going to come to a hault now that 1.8 is released. There will probably only be bug fixes and such submitted. If you grab the HEAD branch you always get the latest cutting edge code.

Also on the 'Options' tab checking 'Export' instead of 'Checkout' will stop it from grabbing alot of useless CVS things that you wont need.

3 Jul 11, 2006 07:23

Thanks for that, but grabbing the 1.8 branch has it's benefits as they can get recently added feature requests without having to be the latest cvs build.

Plus in my case, so i can make hacks or add feature requests and then make patch files so they can easily be added to the cvs build.

4 Jul 11, 2006 07:28

Sure I can understand grabbing the latest 1.8 version if that's what you need it for.

I just figured that most people wanting to grab the CVS version are probably going to be wanting the latest code as thats one of the main reasons for grabbing it from there in the first place :D

5 Jul 11, 2006 07:38

I've updated the post to reflect your changes, and can CVSROOT be left blank? as there is no real point to it when we are setting each param individually.

Edit: :P Your not John ;)

6 Jul 11, 2006 07:46

As far as I can tell the CVSROOT fills itself as you add details in the bits below.

Edit: Indeed I am not John. My father is though :P

Form is loading...