Recent Topics

1 Jul 13, 2006 20:44    

We wrote this thing last December and now that v1.8 is out, we can finally release it. Hurrah!!

This plugin is useful if you've ever posted computer code on your site. It will elegantly render the code entity values on-the-fly, so you don't need to pre-process the code or wade through entity values when you edit your post. Further, it accepts BBCode, has automatic line numbering, alternating line colors and won't accidentally convert characters into smilies (like so many forums *cough cough*, or IM tools). YAHOO!!

<rant>If only I had a $1 for every => I had to deal with. :roll: </rant>

Okay ... what else. Oh, we did the line numbers in a fancy, background-image kind-of-way, which means that visitors can cut'n-paste your posted code, without snagging them. ;)

What else? Oh yeah, it's XHTML-valid, pure CSS. Doesn't require any hacks to _formatting.php 8| and works in liquid or fixed-width layouts.

Almost forgot ... it automagically detects line length. Anything over 26 lines gets a vertical scroll bar, so mile long code gets shortened to 3 yards.

Super simple to install (click [Install] plugin) and use (just paste code between <amcode> and </amcode> tags).

We're happy to bring you this plugin. If you post code, you'll appreciate it.

[url=http://b2evo.astonishme.co.uk/index.php?title=display_code_plugin&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1]Learn more and get the code.[/url]

2 Jul 14, 2006 00:38

Works a treat. 5 stars

3 Jul 14, 2006 00:59

LOL ... glad you like. I didn't know you posted code on your stylishly hip site? 8|

4 Apr 12, 2007 15:22

Hi,

I'm using PHP5 and I'm getting this errors:

When installed:

Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property am_code_plugin::$am_default has no effect in /home/gamenws/public_html/plugins/am_code_plugin/_am_code.plugin.php on line 50

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gamenws/public_html/plugins/am_code_plugin/_am_code.plugin.php:50) in /home/gamenws/public_html/inc/VIEW/_menutop.php on line 39

When not installed:

Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property am_code_plugin::$am_default has no effect in /home/gamenws/public_html/plugins/am_code_plugin/_am_code.plugin.php on line 50

I'm using the latest from: http://b2evo.astonishme.co.uk/index.php/2005/12/30/display-code-plugin

Thanks!!

EDIT: I removed the plugin from my blog temporarily.

5 Apr 12, 2007 15:33

Thanks for catching that, I've updated the zip, but you just need to delete line 50 ;)

¥

6 Apr 12, 2007 16:51

got it. thanks!

works great :D

Form is loading...