Recent Topics

1 Jul 16, 2006 17:06    

I'm trying to design a custom skin for my next blog/CMS site.

I'm using the ality skin with two coloumns. Anyway, I like the way my old blog "sits" in the middle of the page, with boarders around the browser : as you can see here http://mikkysworld.com

I know its the CSS that controls this but I can't for the life of me work out what I need to change to get it to do that for the ality skin. I'm guessing its a margin of some form.

The custom skin in 1.8 also has the page in the middle of the browser. Ideally i'd like an image "beneath" the page too.

Thanks for responses in advance

2 Jul 16, 2006 19:44

3 columns. Ality has 3 columns ;)

So Ality was a weird skin to mess with. The header div is a fixed width and the three columns under it are built left to right and sort of have to fight the display issues between IE and a real browser like FF. Here's what I would TRY if I were you, but no promises.

Start by wrapping the entire page in a shiny new div called something like "centerthewholething":

</head>
<body>

<div id="centerthewholething">

<?php // START HEADER SECTION ?>
<div class="pageHeader">

Then way down at the bottom of your _main.php file:

</p>

</div>

</div> <!-- this /div added to close your centering div -->

</body>
</html>

Next up is to use that div to center all the guts of the page. I don't know how to do that, but I think looking at the css for the 'custom' skin, specifically how it does it's stuff for "div#wrapper", should give the hints you need to work through it.

Form is loading...