Recent Topics

1 Jul 18, 2006 04:11    

As discussed [URL=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=8551]>>; here <<[/URL]
Firefox browser require a full refresh to show the "Message Sent" confirmation after using this specific USER-ID version of the Contact form.

This applies to release versions of Firefox on Mac and Windows and the latest nightly builds on Windows.

It works , as it should in IE7 Beta 3 and Opera 9 Weekly builds.

I'm wondering if a version of

$Blog->get('msgformurl');

needs adding somewhere?
Why? Because the "Message Sent" confirmation works fine in Firefox when replying via the msgform to comments and that contains

$Item->msgform_link( $Blog->get('msgformurl') );
			echo ', ';

???
Cheers

John

2 Jul 18, 2006 15:49

I always use Firefox and didn't have the problem after I corrected the link on my page. In other words I did not have to do a refresh on the page. Are you using "(blogurl)?disp=msgform&recipient_id=1" as your link format?

3 Jul 18, 2006 17:30

Yep, it's all there EdB
Just strange that on 2 different Win boxes, one with the latest "official" release FF and one with the nightly Branch build and also on a Mac with official release FF ?

I'm beat with it.
I'll test in other 1.8 skins and see if I discover anything new

4 Jul 18, 2006 17:37

BTW, it worked fine on your id=1 msgform so I must be missing something or have a javascript conflict

I'll keep testing

5 Jul 18, 2006 19:16

John wrote:

Yep, it's all there EdB

Yeah. I guess that's why you put *exactly* that in the title :oops:

I wonder what the latest from FF is? I'm on 1.5.0.4 and every time they do an upgrade they tell me I should follow (and don't tell me if my plugins will work - grrrr).

6 Jul 18, 2006 19:22

I have 1.5. 0.4 on the other Win box !!

I changed to the Custom skin, same result!!!
I removed all javascript not related to B2, etc etc.

Think I'll worry more about the weather for a while and see what happens in the next update release.

7 Jul 22, 2006 04:09

Ok, solved...
Todays build of Firefox 2.0 Beta1 now generates the confirmation.

Form is loading...