Recent Topics

1 Jul 21, 2006 18:57    

I would like to simplify B2evolution for one of my blogs. I'd like to know how I can remove the search engine and the xml feeds column. Can I do it in the backoffice?

Thanks,
B

2 Jul 21, 2006 19:11

No. Edit your path_to_install/skins/yourskin/_main.php file. Files are heavily commented and names of functions are rather obvious, so a bit of perusing the file should get you where you want to be.

3 Jul 21, 2006 19:33

I did that put when i deleted the search div I got a parse error. care to help me out - I'm using the basic custom clean. I just changed some of the colours.

4 Jul 21, 2006 19:47

basic, custom, and clean are three different skins!!! Got link? What version of b2evolution are you using, and which skin (assuming you don't allow skin switching)? Also you might want to check out http://manual.b2evolution.net/Remove_the_sidebar and see if it helps you.

5 Jul 21, 2006 19:52

sorry i meant to say basic custom skin that comes with b2. It's in the custom folder I'll see if the link helps ;) I just downloaded b2 so I guess I have the latest version. 1.8 beta i think.

6 Jul 21, 2006 20:04

Hey thanks for all your help. I figured it out - the tutorial was pretty helpful. I had deleted the whole div table and not the <php? parts.

Thanks again.

7 Jul 21, 2006 20:22

How do I add a colour for the sidebar background though? Is that possible? I was looking for the code in the css but none seem to colour that area.

8 Jul 21, 2006 20:33

In the custom skin the sidebar background color is actually part of an image file, so changing the css won't do any good. The image is in the /custom/img directory. It's either bg.png or bg_content.gif...I don't remember which one it is. By editing the colors of that image you will get the result you're after.

Aside: EdB, nice use of the manual! :D Okay, I don't mean to bust your chops. I think you're the greatest!

9 Jul 24, 2006 17:56

Thanks guys, great help. But what about adding a logo to the custom template. I'll probably figure it out eventually but I want to be sure - the manual doesn't have this in its contents.

10 Jul 24, 2006 19:01

Okay i fugired out the logo. I'm going to try the advice you gave me to change my background colour for the right panel.

11 Jul 24, 2006 19:11

That advice you gave me changed the colour of the entire mai and right panel. I just want to change the right panel is that possible?

12 Jul 24, 2006 19:22

Well, only alter the color on the right side of the background image. Leave the left side the way it was.

13 Jul 24, 2006 19:48

oh okay, that sounds good. I'm trying it now. Thanks for all your help. Clearly I chose the righ blog. I should be okay after this adjustment.

14 Jul 24, 2006 20:08

Alright, I think this thread can be closed now. Thanks a lot guys - I've really learn a lot about php and b2 through your help. Let me know if you guys would like me to advertise your blog on one of my sites - I have a few.

Form is loading...