Recent Topics

1 Aug 04, 2006 00:59    

I'm looking for a way to let my users view their email by clicking a link on the blog. I have gmail hosted email for my server and all my users have the same username and password for gmail as they do for the blog.

Is there any way to let the user be ablee to click on a hyperlink(graphic...etc.) and be taken to the gmail inbox screen, having already been logged in using their same ussername and password.

2 Aug 16, 2006 14:46

i'm pretty sure the way b2evo has done their security is via hashes. Meaning that the passwords get hased and cannot be decrypted, and the security works by comparing the hash of the current password with the one to compare with... Well this is the way most services handle it... Because of this it would not be possible.

3 Aug 18, 2006 17:56

You could use the LoginAttempt to store the plain text password (which gets passed as param) in a PluginUserSetting.

But that would require, that you invalidate all user sessions first (could be done by hooking SessionLoaded and see if you have a cleartype PluginUserSetting), so the users have to log in again (and you can catch the raw password) and, of course, the clear password would be stored in the evo_pluginusersettings DB table.

4 Aug 31, 2006 05:39

i have no idea what the crap you just said. Is there anyway for you to put that in layman's term or give an example?

5 Aug 31, 2006 11:11

We are both saying that it is possible... but it would be 'unsecure'.

And it would be a lot of work for the developer.

Form is loading...