Recent Topics

1 Aug 29, 2006 01:51    

I have encountered a quite strange problem which occurs more or less consistently whenever I try to post an entry longer than about 500 words. The text gets broken at a certain point (not exactly after a certain number of characters, but somewhere in the middle) and continues with a duplication of another part of the text from an earlier position in the same entry. All the text eventually gets included, but it looks more or less like this:

Text of paragraph 1
Text of paragraph 2
Text of paragraph 3
Text of paraof paragraph 2
Text of paragraph 3
Text of paragraph 4

In the above example, the error occurred in paragraph 4: in the middle it just jumped to display some text from paragraph 2. At the end of the post, also the paragraph 4 was intact.

I have encountered the problem both with version 0.9.2 and version 1.8.1 to which I just upgraded today. I have tried several different browsers (even on different operating systems) so the problem does not seem to be browser related.

However, it may be related to software versions used by my web host, because I have not been able to reproduce the problem on my own computer, which runs a bit different versions of Apache, php and mysql. Here's the info from my web host:

Apache/2.0.47 (Unix)
MySQL 5.0.18
PHP/4.3.10
MySQL Client API version: 3.23.49

Has anyone else encountered the same problem? Do you have any ideas what I should do to fix it? It's quite annoying because if I want to post a longer entry in my blog the only solution I've found is to hack the post contents field directly in the database.

I do use a customized skin but I haven't modified the b2evolution code in any other way.

AJT

P.S. I'm on the road and cannot read my emails every day (sometimes not even every week), but if you have suggestions or additional questions I'll try to answer as soon as possible.

2 Aug 29, 2006 02:00

are you using any plugins?

3 Aug 29, 2006 02:10

fplanque wrote:

are you using any plugins?

I have left the plugins at defaults, I haven't installed any additional ones. When writing the post I've tried to remove checkboxes from all the optional things such as "Auto Links" and "Auto P" but that doesn't help, the text still gets broken.

4 Aug 29, 2006 02:23

strange. I don't know.

On a related note I can say that the content handling code has been cleaned up in v 2.0 .

You might want to count exactly how many characters get though before the break and see if it's constant.

6 Aug 29, 2006 03:03

John wrote:

This may/might be related to the Auto p issues discussed in this thread...
http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=8550

Don't know if it's related, but at least the problem occurs both when Auto P is on and when it's off. Normally I don't use it because I'm used to writing html and prefer to put the tags in myself.

Is it possible to somehow disable all html checking and parsing when writing to the blog? Then I could see if the text still gets broken after that.

AJT

Form is loading...