Recent Topics

1 Sep 03, 2006 04:09    

I upgraded my blog from 0.9.1 to 1.8-RC1 today and everything seems to work except my file manager. I get the error message, "You don't have access to any root directory" when I click on the Files tab or try to upload a file in a post. I have CHMOD'd all my /media directories to 777. Don't know what else to do.

2 Sep 03, 2006 17:48

The file manager works if I create a new blog by creating a directory with the same name. But it doesn't do that for my old blogs.

3 Sep 25, 2006 17:50

i'm having the same problem.....any suggestions would be appreciated.

4 Sep 25, 2006 19:48

Do you see an error, when you're on the admin's "Files" tab?

Please enable debugging (see http://manual.b2evolution.net/Debugging) and look at the bottom of the page: is there a message like e.g. 'Attempt to access blog media dir, but this feature is globally disabled' or "The blog's media directory «%s» could not be created, because the parent directory is not writable or does not exist." in the "notes" or "files" section of the Debuglog?

5 Sep 25, 2006 19:52

thanks. i figured out my errors this morning. *embarassed smile* i've been using b2 for years now but somehow managed to over look a couple of obvious things...i blame trying to upgrade at 2am while suffering from insomnia.

thanks again for your quick reply.

btw..i'm loving all the new features on the upgrade....i've been using 0.9.0

6 Sep 25, 2006 19:54

So, what has been the issue?

7 Sep 25, 2006 20:12

i did not think to create a specific user folder under media in addition to that i overlooked changing the permissions on media...i thought i had when i changed all the other ones but i must have forgotten to hit the apply button.

like i said...rather embarassing mistakes.

8 Oct 02, 2006 05:15

I too upgraded from 0.9 to 1.8 and am also having file manager issues.

If I create a new blog and visit the file manager, it creates and displays the new blog-specific media directory no problem. Blogs I create since the upgrade are working fine.

However, all my existing blogs - the ones that existed before the upgrade - are not listed in the media directory. I have tried creating them manually from the "URL blog name" and giving them the same permissions as the "new" blogs media directory, but it didn't help - they do not show up in file manager. Any suggestions appreciated.

9 Oct 02, 2006 21:15

neobyte, go to the blog permissions. Either in the user or group permissions you have to give yourself perms for Upload/Read/Write in the "Media directory" section.
Try to be more clear, when speaking about "permissions".. I just guess that you are meaning filesystem permissions (e.g. chmod of the directory).

Form is loading...