Recent Topics

1 Sep 24, 2006 05:15    

Hello forum,

I have a question for you. How do I disable "comments"? Even I remove "Comments" right below the blog body on my blog, tens of thousands of "spam" comments are written.

I really want to disable this "comments" feature from my blog.

Thank you very much in advance!

masaus

2 Sep 24, 2006 23:39

Choose "No comments are allowed in this blog" from the "Advanced" tab in the blog's settings.

This is for 1.8.x, I'm not sure it's available for 0.9.x for example.

3 Sep 24, 2006 23:59

Thank you for your advice, blueyed.

I'm currently using v 0.92, not 1.8x, so I cannot find "No Comments" setting in Advance Setting.

But thank you for your help.

Masaus

4 Sep 25, 2006 00:04

You might want to search the forums then.. there's probably a hack described for this.
Basically you have to modify the skin's _feedback.php to not display the comment form and change /htsrv/comment_post.php to not accept comments (e.g. by deleting the file).

5 Sep 25, 2006 02:19

masaus,

I think the easy thing to do would be to simply delete the /htsrv/comment_post.php file, as BlueEyed suggested.

Sounds like you've already removed the comments link from your blog (can't check b/c you don't have a link to your page) :p

If that's the case (and there's no 'front-end' reference to comments), then I'd just leave _feedback.php. (I suppose people could call that file directly and spend the time filling out the comment form, but it'd fail with a 404 error when it was submitted, looking for a non-existent comment_post.php file).

Hope this helps.

6 Sep 25, 2006 07:24

Blueyed, stk,

Thank you very much for your help.

I just deleted the php. I will see what happens.

masaus

Form is loading...