Recent Topics

1 Nov 04, 2006 09:09    

Hi all, I've been using b2evo for ever and have just installed SERENITY to create a whole new site.

But I can't turn ALL off.

I've cleared it in the _categories file. Every other change I make in there reflects on the site.

Is this a bug or have I totally lost it?

2 Nov 04, 2006 09:43

Categories are now a plugin, though I'm pretty sure older files and functions are momentarily supported. Are you seeing this with the 'custom' skin?

3 Nov 05, 2006 05:07

Yes, I'm using the files in the 'custom' skin. It obviously needs both:

_categories.php in the custom skin and
_categories.plugin.php

Thanks for you help.

4 Nov 05, 2006 08:53

The _categories.php file is no longer part of the custom skin. It doesn't need it is why. The custom skin's _main.php file calls categories with this:

<?php
		// -------------------------- CATEGORIES INCLUDED HERE -----------------------------
		// Call the Categories plugin:
		$Plugins->call_by_code( 'evo_Cats', array(	// Add parameters below:
			) );
		// -------------------------------- END OF CATEGORIES ----------------------------------
	?>

So it's the plugin you need to look at. I *think* you can turn off the "all" link by making it's parameter be empty. Like this:

<?php
		// -------------------------- CATEGORIES INCLUDED HERE -----------------------------
		// Call the Categories plugin:
		$Plugins->call_by_code( 'evo_Cats', array(	// Add parameters below:
				'option_all'=>'',
			) );
		// -------------------------------- END OF CATEGORIES ----------------------------------
	?>

5 Nov 14, 2006 09:06

In the categories plugin, I removed the word All on the end that you see below and it's gone now! :)

if(!isset($params['option_all'])) $params['option_all'] = T_('All');

6 Nov 14, 2006 14:41

Did it not work by doing it in the skin? The reason for keeping changes in your skin is so that you don't lose them when you upgrade. Just curious.

7 Nov 14, 2006 14:51

I couldn't find any place to do that same thing other than the category plugin.

EdB wrote:

Did it not work by doing it in the skin? The reason for keeping changes in your skin is so that you don't lose them when you upgrade. Just curious.

8 Nov 14, 2006 15:09

But your skin's _main.php file is what calls the categories plugin! The code I posted above goes in your skin is the thing.

9 Nov 14, 2006 16:10

Okay, gotcha this time! I misunderstood what you said previously, sorry *sheepish grin*...

I put the categories plugin file back the way it was, and put your code in the main file, and all is good with the world, thank-you!

Now if only I could catch on to the Zen Cart software just a teensie little bit! Maybe I'll just use my blog and link it to Pay Pal to sell my graphics goodies. :)

EdB wrote:

But your skin's _main.php file is what calls the categories plugin! The code I posted above goes in your skin is the thing.

Form is loading...