Recent Topics

1 Nov 06, 2006 10:55    

display_list() has the following line

echo '<a href="'.$item[0].'">'.$item[1].'</a></li>';

which should be

echo '<a href="'.$item[0].'">'.$item[1].'</a>';

2 Nov 06, 2006 15:26

In what path/to/what/file will I find this undesirable /li tag, and do you know where it's opener is so that one bug squash won't generate another?

3 Nov 06, 2006 18:55

line 2963,of /blogs/inc/_misc/_misc.funcs.php ( figured you would know how to search multiple files for 'function display_list' EdB ;) )

/**
 * Display an array as a list:
 */
function display_list( $items, $list_start = '<ul>', $list_end = '<ul>', $item_separator = '', $item_start = '<li>', $item_end = '</li>' )
{
	if( !empty( $items ) )
	{
		echo $list_start;
		$first = true;
		foreach( $items as $item )
		{
			if( $first )
			{
				$first = false;
			}
			else
			{
				echo $item_separator;
			}
			echo $item_start;
			if( is_array( $item ) )
			{
				echo '<a href="'.$item[0].'">'.$item[1].'</a></li>';
			}
			else
			{
				echo $item;
			}
			echo $item_end;
		}
		echo $list_end;
	}
}

As you can see, if the user wants to output them with <li>s it is done via $item_end; so the above would cause a excess </li> when $list_end = '</li>', as well as a uneeded </li> when users don't even want to display it with li tags.

4 Nov 06, 2006 23:34

Cool. I was either being lazy or helpful to those unhip to groovy search tools. BTW Agent Ransack has become one of my favorite utilities.

5 Nov 07, 2006 00:34

;) Yeh it was mine as well, until blueyed told me that dreamweaver has the feature inbuilt 8|

6 Nov 07, 2006 00:55

Yup, until my computer with my "free trial forever" copy blew up :(

8 Nov 07, 2006 09:31

I'll be darned. I knew there was a previous case of an extra li and /li, but I kinda thought this was another one. Oh well eh?

Form is loading...