Recent Topics

1 Jul 29, 2006 01:53    

This is the thread relating to development of the 1.x series of the [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net//viewtopic.php?t=7880]Gallery Plugin[/url].

For 2.x series development, use this thread:
http://forums.b2evolution.net//viewtopic.php?t=8694

2 Jul 29, 2006 01:55

Here is the changelog for the v1.2 release.

Changes in v1.2 will include;
* Core Re-Write`
* Display Modes Re-Write`
* Lightbox Support`
* Stylesheets re-write`
* Better error and debug support^
* Preview Width/Height Customizable`
* Previews for very small or wide images will be displayed correctly*
* Upgrade functionality*
* [i]Images will now be saved as files in the media directory`[/i]
* Some Multi-Lingual support^

Legend; ` - done, ^ - finalizing, * - yet to be done.

Changes in v1.2 will not include;
* A new manager interface

NOTE: v1.2 will require the gd2 library. Meaning there is no longer support for setups without the gd2 library installed.

3 Jul 29, 2006 04:45

kf_man wrote:

One of the errors that I fixed earlier with my copy allowed me to remove all of the images, I thought this fix was in the works already? I haven't ever come across that other problem you described.

Yeh, the remove all images was working everytime i saw tested it, then i must of stuffed it up on the v1.1 release, and only came accross it again several hours ago.

The other problem you can see when uploading a 1280x1024 image, with a 800x600 resize limit, with the resize mode as 'area'.

The new image will not keep the correct ratios.

Edit: Both problems have now been fixed.

I'm currenlty reading up on SVN, so i can get the gallery plugin going in the evoPlugins SVN system. Meaning people will have access to all the branches/releases and the dev builds.

4 Aug 04, 2006 18:45

A few quick things I found that I didn't get a chance to thoroughly explore.

* Adding/Removing images causes unsaved changes to reset
* Adding and removing images without saving causes glitch in moving images around. Sometimes the image will get stuck in one place.
* Any areas of the admin section that have the gallery plugin loaded don't fit properly in the new "evo" admin skin. The sections (Editing posts) will jump below the sidebar. It didn't happen until after submitting a post with a gallery. It fixes when I disable the gallery plugin.

That's all for now and I'm not sure what is causing any of the problems. If you can look into it, that would be good and ask any questions and I will try to get them answered as soon as possible.

5 Aug 04, 2006 18:48

1.2.0.0-beta is out, this is the dev-post for it, for the general-post for it, check the main thread.

Known problems (that i know of);
* The gallery plugin relies on BeforeBlogDisplay so the Gallery Class can be loaded before any output is done, so it can set the user options. But in the backoffice BeforeBlogDisplay is not triggered, so there are 'header already sent' errors on most of the backoffice pages.` [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net//viewtopic.php?t=8771]ref[/url]
* A % of photos from the 1.1->1.2 upgrade fail, or do not display correctly, i've spent 2 hours looking into the exact reason and still i'm clueless.*
* Setting Optimize Mode as 'None' will disable it as well on save` -blueyed
* A few others that i'm not sure why or how they occur.

Legend; ` (fixed), * (clueless), ^ (looking into/fixing)

And to fill you in on the new database and file structure:

The database structure;
Old; Image_ID (int), Gallery_ID (int), Image_Title (text), Image_Description (text), Image_Position (int), Image_Image (blob), Image_Thumbnail (blob)
New; image_id (int), gallery_id (int), image_title (text), image_description (text), image_position (int), image_large (text), image_medium (text), image_small (text).

The images file structure;
Old; none
New; /media/gallery_plugin/gallery_id/image_size/image_id_image_title.jpg

When a image is added;
The row is added to the database with image_large, image_medium, image_small columns empty, files are written, and those columns are updated with the filenames.

6 Aug 04, 2006 18:53

What changes does the new version make to the image database? It seems like any database modification wouldn't really be necessary since the format and info for the images is the same...I definately could be wrong and I'm not sure what database changes were instituted in this release.

7 Aug 04, 2006 19:05

kf_man wrote:

This is the desired/expected result.... Just like closing firefox before you click 'save' in your blog wouldn't save your blog.... I'll add a popup asking if they want to save changes or not.

kf_man wrote:

* Adding and removing images without saving causes glitch in moving images around. Sometimes the image will get stuck in one place.

Can you provide more information. What browser are you using? Screenshots of the problem? Etc.

kf_man wrote:

* Any areas of the admin section that have the gallery plugin loaded don't fit properly in the new "evo" admin skin. The sections (Editing posts) will jump below the sidebar. It didn't happen until after submitting a post with a gallery. It fixes when I disable the gallery plugin.

Try changing the BeforeBlogDisplay event to SessionLoaded inside _gallery_plugin.php, could be that, again i need more info.

kf_man wrote:

That's all for now and I'm not sure what is causing any of the problems. If you can look into it, that would be good and ask any questions and I will try to get them answered as soon as possible.

Cool, first hour of release and your finding stuff! keep it up. Yeh provide more info on the problems when you have time, and i'll be able to look into them. :)

8 Aug 04, 2006 19:13

Yeah, as soon as I get time I will get more info to you. It might not be until Sunday though since I have a busy weekend ahead of me.

As far as the adding and removing of images resetting things, it seems like if I get images in the proper order, then add another one, the previous changes should be fine. My ideal would be to make all sorts of additions, removals, and modifications before ever having to commit to them. I like to see the whole picture before I commit to things in case I'm heading down the wrong path. It's not really a big deal either way though as I could adjust quickly, but it just didn't seem "natural" to my expectations. Again, keep up the good work!

9 Aug 05, 2006 06:41

Blueyeds givin it a try, and found a stack of problems.

I will finish reading up on svn, then get the gallery plugin onto it. Then you will be able to get the latest version from that. If svn is a problem for anyone tell me, and i will continue to release updates via .zip files.

10 Aug 06, 2006 01:36

balupton wrote:

kf_man wrote:

This is the desired/expected result.... Just like closing firefox before you click 'save' in your blog wouldn't save your blog.... I'll add a popup asking if they want to save changes or not.

Actually this anoys me as well. I will make it so it saves on add.

balupton wrote:

kf_man wrote:

Can you provide more information. What browser are you using? Screenshots of the problem? Etc.

Noted and fixed, although never noticed this for adding.... I saw this with removing, then trying to move images.

balupton wrote:

kf_man wrote:

Try changing the BeforeBlogDisplay event to SessionLoaded inside _gallery_plugin.php, could be that, again i need more info.

Think i've fixed this.

11 Aug 06, 2006 04:22

This post will be dedicated to the v1.2.1.0-beta release.

Things currently done;
* If a image fails to be added or updated it is removed from the database and media folder to prevent curruption of data.
* Detects if a image upload has failed.

Thigns to do;
* Re-Do the debug/error support/reporting.

Discussion;

balupton wrote:

balupton wrote:

kf_man wrote:

Noted and fixed, although never noticed this for adding.... I saw this with removing, then trying to move images.

Just noticed the adding/saving issue, it is because the images are getting sorted like this 0,1,10,11,12,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. Fixing it now

12 Aug 06, 2006 13:02

Ok, I just clean installed this v1.2.1.0 version and am very impressed.
Questions:
1. Why do I get a "Parameter «preview_userid» is required!" error when I try and change the display mode in preview. I am Admin.
2. Re the Display Mode selections... I think the current display mode needs to be a bit more visitor friendly, though I do appreciate the uncluttered current layout.
Suggest..
Display mode: Enhanced Display options: [u]Basic[/u] or [u]Lightbox[/u]
3. It would be nice to be able to include a URL link as an alternative or as an addition to the Title.

Great work. Does what it says easily.

13 Aug 06, 2006 13:12

John wrote:

1. Why do I get a "Parameter «preview_userid» is required!" error when I try and change the display mode in preview. I am Admin.

Can you provide more information. If you view the page's source, their may be <!-- error: blah blah blah --> lines, if so attach them, and where they show up.

2. Re the Display Mode selections... I think the current display mode needs to be a bit more visitor friendly, though I do appreciate the uncluttered current layout.
Suggest..
Display mode: Enhanced Display options: [u]Basic[/u] or [u]Lightbox[/u]

Enhanced display mode can not be the default display mode as it requires javascript to function correctly, lightbox works without javascript but is quite large, the current view is fine in my eyes, and the user can just change it if they want....

3. It would be nice to be able to include a URL link as an alternative or as an addition to the Title.

Will be in the 2.x series but not the 1.x series.

Cheers :)

14 Aug 06, 2006 13:20

Fair enough.. look forward to being able to add a URL link.

Re Point 1. If I try and change the display mode in Preview i get redirected to the error page, which says ( in full)

Bad Request!

The parameters of your request are invalid.

If you have obtained this error by clicking on a link INSIDE of this site, please report the bad link to the administrator.

Go back to home page
Additional information about this error:
Parameter «preview_userid» is required!

Cheers

John

15 Aug 06, 2006 21:39

Tested the upgrade from an untoched 1.1 to the 1.2b2 and the only problem I found was the fact that some images got resized incorrectly.

e.g.

some but not all images that were 450x600 got resized to 156x600

another image that was 472x600 got resized to 297x600

other than that, so far everything is great!

Shanti

16 Aug 06, 2006 23:15

oops its version v1.2.1.0-beta

Futher testing...

Am I missing something? i think there should be a setting that you could choose the default view and another one to LOCK to that view,

Default View: Basic, Lightbox, Enhanced
Lock Default View: Yes, No

downloaded my whole website including all galleries and upgraded to v1.2.1.0-beta without any problems :)

but for the meanwhile I am not upgrading since I modified my version 1.1 to do a lot of things that I want/need not preset (yet) on v1.2.1.0-beta, but I will continue testing! :D

17 Aug 06, 2006 23:56

Re: Description

If there no description can we display nothing instead of the default No Description message that is currently displayed?

18 Aug 07, 2006 10:47

John wrote:

Re: Description
If there no description can we display nothing instead of the default No Description message that is currently displayed?

Having it blank will either make it look wierd as having a big white gap there instead, or if it just goes '' instead of '&nbsp;' then you get rid of the gap but the display jumps when it re-adjusts to remove the area where the description should be. For this reason i used 'No description' instead.

shanti wrote:

Tested the upgrade from an untoched 1.1 to the 1.2b2 and the only problem I found was the fact that some images got resized incorrectly.
e.g.
some but not all images that were 450x600 got resized to 156x600
another image that was 472x600 got resized to 297x600
other than that, so far everything is great!
Shanti

Shanti wrote:

downloaded my whole website including all galleries and upgraded to v1.2.1.0-beta without any problems :)

Soo.... Any idea why you had a problem before and not now? Well in v1.2.2.0-beta i've fixed a possible issue with the resize function but the behavior that you reported is still bizare...

i think there should be a setting that you could choose the default view and another one to LOCK to that view

Will be added

Anyway v1.2.2.0-beta is out check my next post for details

19 Aug 07, 2006 10:56

Here is the post dedicated to the v1.2.2.0-beta release.

RELEASE NOTES:

Version;
   1.2.2.0-beta

Released;
   07/08/2006 @ 18:14 (GMT+08:00)

Required B2evolution Version;
   1.8, with the updated auto-p plugin, get it here
     http://evocms.cvs.sourceforge.net/evocms/b2evolution/blogs/plugins/_auto_p.plugin.php?view=markup&pathrev=v-1-8

Things that NEED to be done:
   * Make it so when viewing huge images with Lightbox they are resized to fit into the window
   * Re-Do the Error/Debug system, so certain problems are reported to the user
   * Detect when and when not stripslashes should be included in the user_variable function as on different servers this varies
   * Ability to lock the display_mode and display_previews options (creds to Shanti for this idea)
   * Fix it so when a option only has one value it is not display in get_option_links
     * Merge settings and options
   * Fix the jiggle lightbox problem when going prev/next to a image of the same size
   * Fix Opera 9's display when viewing a gallery

Things that COULD be done:
   * Better translation support
   * Add a download counter for images
   * Add a view counter for images (creds to Shanti for this idea)
   * Add a url field for images (creds to John for this idea)

Changelog:
   v1.2.2.0-beta;
	* Now removes a image if something failed during it's adding or updating
	* Fixed possible problem with resizing images
	* Split Display Mode up into Display Mode, and Display Previews
	  * Lots of changes to the Lightbox Library
	    * Now displays the Title and Description of a image differently
	    * Prev, Next buttons have been updated
	    * Added support for Preview images
	      * Added Large and Save buttons
	      * Will Auto-Detect wether a Preview or Large image is being displayed
	* Fixed a display issue that will cause display warnings with the auto_p plugin
	* Updated css so that the gallery will look the same in all skins (except for preview title and description)
	* Fixed a update issue in user_variable that would cause the variable not to be saved sometimes

Note:
The requirements have changed.

Download it here;
http://files.balupton.com/programs/online/b2evo/plugins/gallery_plugin_v1.2.2.0-beta.zip

Preview it here;
http://blogs.balupton.com/index.php?blog=5&title=drunken_friday&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

20 Aug 07, 2006 13:17

Re-Released the 1.2.2.0-beta version.

21 Aug 07, 2006 14:27

Great job with this release, I just installed it and had no problems so far. Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner, it was quite a busy weekend. Anyway, the only thing I noticed, and this may be by design, was that when you are in enhanced view, previews didn't show up regardless of the setting. I'm not sure if this is the desired behavior, but I don't see any reason why you can't have a preview and then use a lightbox to show the images. Like I said, I haven't investigated this at all, but I'm sure that if it is a bug, it's a very simple fix.

22 Aug 07, 2006 14:31

kf_man wrote:

Great job with this release, I just installed it and had no problems so far. Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner, it was quite a busy weekend. Anyway, the only thing I noticed, and this may be by design, was that when you are in enhanced view, previews didn't show up regardless of the setting. I'm not sure if this is the desired behavior, but I don't see any reason why you can't have a preview and then use a lightbox to show the images. Like I said, I haven't investigated this at all, but I'm sure that if it is a bug, it's a very simple fix.

When in enhanced view, with previews enabled the first image you see is the medium image, then by putting your mouse in the center of the image you will see a button to view the larger image. Click that and then lightbox will load the large image.

With previews off and enhanced view on, then it just shows the large image and skips the medium image.

23 Aug 07, 2006 14:35

Ok, sorry about that, that makes sense now. Thanks!

24 Aug 07, 2006 14:54

Well i just found a bug, the lightbox Save thing doesn't work.

25 Aug 07, 2006 18:01

Looking verry nice what you made!
I saw 1 bug I think.
When looking at the pictures in lightbox mode and the next button is visable; The "T" of next is underlined, this should be the "N" I think.

26 Aug 07, 2006 18:04

The line is just to whatever direction the thing is in, so prev goes left, next goes right, and large/save go nowhere... It's the way it was done before... and looks good... i will see about removing the lines later.

27 Aug 07, 2006 18:53

After a very long time (2-3) hours i've managed to come up with a 'fix' to the save image issue, and still not access the database... Although using the database would probably of been a very better move...

So until i've found myself a good fix to the issue open up lightbox.js and change the saveLink.onclick function to use window.open and the element's src... i would post the exact line etc but i need to sleep.

28 Aug 08, 2006 15:52

Ok... here's the plan

I will properly rename the gallery plugin to the gallery project, and the gallery plugin will just become a 'loader' for the project. Everyone following?

I will make a file called _conf.php that contains the config settings, e.g. directory, url, media_dir, media_url.

And also a nice plan for the v2.x series is to make it so their can be a 'Galleries' page, where all the galleries are visible in one page! and then when you click on one it opens it up and shows you the images of that gallery... Hrmmm permissions will need to be applied so the admin can control which galleries should be shown to who.... This will require some pondering... Ideas? Maybe make a thing called collections, which can be a collection of galleries and photo, eitherway i still need to figure out the permissions thing. My guess would be to pass over a $user_type variable inside get_thumbnail, get_thumbnails somehow....

Anyway back to the 1.x series, the 1.2 release is wrapping up nicely, thanks to you guys!

30 Aug 10, 2006 17:43

The new Expanse CMS has a nice built in Gallery you might like to have a look at. I like the way you can click on the LightBox and go to the specific post of the image or photo etc.... I does fail by not having an obvious alternative to a lightbox view.

http://demo.expansecms.com/?pcat=2

31 Aug 10, 2006 17:57

In the 2.x series i will have a Gallery page, that will show up in the blog list (optional), where users can browse galleries etc. Although having that feature of viewing what post the image was in will not be possible... Unless that image is specific to that post, where the way i've done it is there is no relation between galleries and posts, besides you can stick galleries and images in your posts.

Lightbox is good as it works normally with it not enabled, but it does add around 100KB to your page load, which is really bad. A good page should be below 50KB including additional content.

But i did some user testing, and turns out that i will need to add some descriptions or messages in the lightbox and below the gallery or something to provide help...

But i would really like lightbox as the default view, heck i might even cut out the basic-with-previews view all together. But until i find a way to do this without compromising the page's 'quality' it won't happen...

University has started properly again, so my time working on this project will be limited, but i will aim to get the v1.2 release out within a few weeks.

32 Aug 12, 2006 15:18

More features to come (will get them into the v1.2 final release)

* Multiple image uploads (at the same time)
   * This will be done by having 'attach another image' similiar to gmail
   * .ZIP extraction support, so one file is uploaded and images are extracted
* Uploading images will be seperated from the Manager, meaning that once a image has been uploaded the image will be added to the list, instead of a refresh of the page occuring.
* Quality will always start with 95% then decrease by 5% until the desired file size is reached. - The current behavoir is 80% then -10% etc.

33 Aug 13, 2006 20:04

This is the post dedicated to the v1.2.3.0-beta release.

RELEASE NOTES:

Version;
   1.2.3.0-beta

Released;
   14/08/2006 @ 01:51 (GMT+08:00)

Required b2evolution Version;
     http://evocms.cvs.sourceforge.net/evocms/b2evolution/blogs/plugins/_auto_p.plugin.php?view=markup&pathrev=v-1-8

* Final Touches
   * Fix Opera 9's display when viewing a gallery
     > The Basic-Previews view is bearable, but the Enhanced view needs a desperate fix

* Make it so all the /resources/functions/ use $args instead
     > Not required atm
   * Creation of a /_config.php file
     > Working fine atm, no need to do this right away
   * Detect when and when not stripslashes should be included in the user_variable function as on different servers this varies
     > The user can do this manually by modifing /resources/functions/_user_variable.php and changing the default value for $stripslashes
   * Completely re-write the Error/Debug system
     > It is ok atm, and errors should not be happening...
   * Re-Write the settings/options stuff
     * Make it so if there is only one possible value in a option/setting it is not displayed
     > Not important at the moment
   * Ability to lock the display_mode and display_previews options (creds to Shanti for this idea)
     > This can be done manually easily
   * Make it so when viewing huge images with Lightbox they are resized to fit into the window
     > With optimize images enabled this is not an issue
     > So far the user-base is all english, so not a problem
     > Not a die-hard requirement

Changelog:
   v1.2.3.0-beta;
    * Redesigned the Gallery Creator
	  * Now supports multiple image uploads
	  * No longer uses CSS styles from b2evo, so it's display is now independent
    * Changes to the Display Styles
	  * Made it so /styles/_gallery_ie.css is no longer needed
      * Modified lightbox heavily
	    * Re-Wrote a lot of the lightbox.js file, made it so the code is more effecient and... better!
	      * Fixes a problem introduced in 1.2.2.0-beta that could cause some IE browsers to crash when viewing lightboxes
          * Fixes the jiggle issue with the lightbox when images are the same size
		* Re-designed the lightbox display
		* Fixed the 'Save' functionality...
    * Many minor changes

Download here:
http://files.balupton.com/programs/online/b2evo/plugins/gallery_plugin_v1.2.3.0-beta.zip

Preview here:
http://blogs.balupton.com/index.php?blog=5&cat=94

Enjoy.

You may have noticed that a lot of the things that need doing have been moved to things that could be done. This is because uni has started up again, and my time is running short. But it's growing to be a good release.

34 Aug 14, 2006 00:45

Works ok in Firefox, a total mess in IE :(

Line:325
Char:2
Code:0
Error:Object doesn't support this property or method
URL:http://localhost:8181/blogs/plugins/gallery_plugin/manager.php?gallery_id=556525430845626

thats what i get whenever I try to upload an image.

also in Firefox, when you select an image to upload the next field to upload multiple photos does not appear ( It does in IE)

Shanti

35 Aug 14, 2006 01:57

Just a quick first look..
The lightbox doesn't show "Close" "Prev" "Next" in FF2.0 beta 1 or Opera 9. Works fine in IE7 ??

Unlike your other downloads, the folder doesn't contain "gallery_plugin".
Adding content worked fine for me

36 Aug 14, 2006 09:31

John wrote:

The lightbox doesn't show "Close" "Prev" "Next" in FF2.0 beta 1 or Opera 9. Works fine in IE7 ??

The images need to load first, just move your mouse over them again... Does this fix it?

Unlike your other downloads, the folder doesn't contain "gallery_plugin".

Good point, i'll change it back now

Adding content worked fine for me

Good news :)

Does the lightbox info display fine in FF2 and IE7? I know in opera it doesn't.

Thanks for the feedback. Do you like the new manager design?

37 Aug 14, 2006 10:57

In FF 2.01 beta the first image loaded in lightbox shows a close button but no NEXT
If you load another Image there is no close or prev, next.
In Opera 9 the close button panel attemps to drop and there is no prev, next buttons.

38 Aug 14, 2006 11:00

Can you try FF 2 and IE7 with the latest dev version here:

Btw, i will remove the Basic-Previews view now. And the red underline problem on your website (wow-factor) with the thumbnails will be gone with the next release.

39 Aug 14, 2006 11:51

A couple things...

I first tried version v1.2.3.0 and the upload wouldn't work for me. In Mozilla 1.7.13 the manager screen had no formatting (just blank background, all items off te the left of the screen) and pushing the upload button had no effect.

In IE 6.0.2600, the formatting was there on the manager screen, but I still got no effect from pushing the upload button (except for the status bar saying "error on page".

Anyway... I tried version 1.2.2.0, and it seems to work fine for me. The only thing is in titles and descriptions, if I put an apostrophy, it comes out with a "\" in front of it....

40 Aug 14, 2006 12:06

balupton wrote:

Can you try FF 2 and IE7 with the latest dev version here:

Btw, i will remove the Basic-Previews view now. And the red underline problem on your website (wow-factor) with the thumbnails will be gone with the next release.

Seems to work fine in Opera and Firefox..

The Red lines at wow-factor may be a styling conflict. Anyhow, your installation of the dev version works fine.

41 Aug 14, 2006 12:40

I've adressed the issues, and will release a update shortly.

42 Aug 14, 2006 13:10

This is the post dedicated to the v1.2.4.0-beta release

RELEASE NOTES:

Version;
   1.2.4.0-beta

Released;
   14/08/2006 @ 19:04 (GMT+08:00)

Required b2evolution Version;

* Final Touches
   * A strip-down of the lightbox files, so filesize will decrease

* Make it so all the /resources/functions/ use $args instead
     > Not required atm
     > The user can do this manually by modifing /resources/functions/_user_variable.php and changing the default value for $stripslashes
   * Completely re-write the Error/Debug system
     > It is ok atm, and errors should not be happening...
   * Re-Write the settings/options stuff
     * Make it so if there is only one possible value in a option/setting it is not displayed
     > Not important at the moment
   * Ability to lock the display_mode options (creds to Shanti for this idea)
     > This can be done manually easily
     > With optimize images enabled this is not an issue
     > So far the user-base is all english, so not a problem

Changelog:
   v1.2.4.0-beta;
    * Added /_config.php
	* Fixed a problem in the Gallery Creator when no images are present
    * Changes to the display modes
	  * Now there is only (Basic, No Previews) and (Enhanced, Previews)
	    * Changed the structure of the display
	  * Re-did the stylesheet so it will display correctly in all browsers
      * Changes to the lightbox display
        * Added image pre-loading (So previous/next image, prev/next/save/large buttons are preloaded)

Download here:
http://files.balupton.com/programs/online/b2evo/plugins/gallery_plugin_v1.2.4.0-beta.zip

Preview here:

45 Aug 14, 2006 14:12

Another quick thing, but I'm getting the notice:

Notice: Undefined index: display_previews in /var/www/kyleblog/plugins/gallery_plugin/_gallery.php on line 1050

I didn't take a look at the code yet, but I'm sure it's something really simple.

46 Aug 14, 2006 14:19

K fixed, re-download it, or manually remove the default case in _gallery.php->get_header.

47 Aug 14, 2006 14:25

Thanks for the quick fix!

48 Aug 15, 2006 11:32

I've released a minor update, use the same download link as posted before. It fixes some issues with internet explorer.

49 Aug 15, 2006 12:34

Ok, this version works great in IE7 by providing full lightbox functions.

It does not work in Opera 9 or Firefox 1.5.0.6 or 2.0.1 beta where all you get , on mouse over of the larger lightbox image is a Close X function on the first image. After that no other images have any nav function other than to click anywhere below or above the image to return to the page.

I tested this on two seperate Win boxes and it's the same on both.
Also dissabled all other plugins etc etc.

50 Aug 15, 2006 12:37

v1.2.4.1 is working perfectly for me with all of the following browsers...
FF 1.5.0.6, Opera 9, IE6sp2.

Is it possible that some of the files (stylesheets/javascripts) got cached from the v1.2.4.0 release?

Do you use any instant messengers, as it would be easier to debug that way... (My addresses are avaliable below)

51 Aug 15, 2006 12:55

No, I'm not an IM kinda guy..
Also didn't work on a seperate Mac with FF 1.5.05.

I'll clear the decks, do a restart and see what happens.

52 Aug 15, 2006 13:09

And just double check that you are using the v1.2.4.1 release...

Because this is quite strange.

53 Aug 15, 2006 13:45

Name:
Gallery
Code:
evo_gallery This 32 character code uniquely identifies the functionality of this plugin. It is only necessary to call the plugin by code (SkinTag) or when using it as a Renderer.
Short desc:
Attach Galleries to Your Posts
Long desc:
This plugin allows you to attach images to each post by creating a gallery.
ID:
Version:
1.2.4.1-beta

Re uploaded all files , file by file
Deleted the exiting plugin from the Installed plugins
Reinstalled and put up new images...
Same result... works a treat in IE7
Also your installatrion on your site works fine in my Firefox browsers...

I give up.... could it be a file permissions issue?

54 Aug 15, 2006 13:50

I give up.... could it be a file permissions issue?

Not in a 1.2 release...

Could you provide a link to your installation, so i could look at it on my machine?

I'll do a clean install on my local installation in the mean time, see if something is going wrong there.

Edit: It may also be a skin issue with conflicting css, can you try it with the custom skin?

56 Aug 15, 2006 13:57

Yeh, i've tested it with other skins just then, turns out that it could be a conflicting css issue, Can you try it with the custom skin, and see if it works fine?

And is the skin your site is using publicly avaliable? This would help in getting the css conflicts fixed.

57 Aug 15, 2006 14:02

I'll go through the CSS conflicts, as it came up with the CODE plugin.

I'll let you know, off for a drink right now :)

58 Aug 15, 2006 14:05

Ahhh i can't fix css conflicts anyway, as the event that includes the css stylesheet is SkinBeginHtmlHead, which means that the skins css is bad.

59 Aug 15, 2006 15:39

It's almost OK in Custom...
CSS for a, a:hover etc etc is an issue as is. img

Plugin develoment is going to have to come to an agreement on this as I had an example .table and the Code Plugin looked like crap until I deleted that example table.

60 Aug 15, 2006 16:09

Plugin develoment is going to have to come to an agreement on this 

Well it's a difficult situation, as skinners and developers are not doing anything wrong...

If it is anyone's 'fault' it is the skinners for allowing their styles to persist in areas that are not part of the skin.

But that would be difficult to do.

Try the attached version anyway... And then tell me when it's on wow-factor so i can take a look.

61 Aug 15, 2006 17:01

Ok, in the Custom Skin it's almost 100%
No good in my hacked to buggery and back skin :)

There is just an alignment issue on the close button in the Custom skin.. however all navigation is available without any other problems..

62 Aug 15, 2006 17:09

Ok, in the Custom Skin it's almost 100%

Eh... I've designed it using the custom skin, what you see in the custom skin is the expected results....

But that screenshot you have attached is a browser rendering issue.... Which should probably go away.... Which browser and OS are you experiencing it with?

But yeh, theres nothing more that i can do to fix it's display in your skin, it's all up to you.

63 Aug 15, 2006 17:22

Firefox 2.0.1 beta WinXP
Fine in Opera 9

I'll do the Mac tomorrow.

64 Aug 20, 2006 18:54

Just thought i'll post about what is happening with the development.

I'm redoing the error system, seperating the settings from the plugin, and cleaning up the code.

I believe that the v1.2.4.1 release is stable and could be used for production, i will re-tag it as a release candidate.

The following release will have the beta tag for a while, and then get the release candidate tag for a while, then get the final tag.

Yeh.

-John, did you sort out those display issues?

66 Aug 27, 2006 19:43

Ok, i've just found a 'major' problem with the way i have handled saving the images... (It'll only affect you if you move your gallery media folder).

It will be fixed in the next release, and if you have come across this problem, then don't worry, the next release will fix it all up.

67 Aug 31, 2006 09:20

Hi, when do you think there will be a new release? Maybe you can mail me an link to a newer alpha/beta release. I'm going away for a half year now, so that's why i can't wait :D

68 Aug 31, 2006 11:15

I'm re-writing the way images are stored, and the way errors, debug info, and logs are stored.

And because the way images are stored is being changed, it also means i need to work on the upgrade functionality.

Expect a new release sometime in the following weeks, Sorry it can not be longer, but i've spent too much time partying and not enough time studying :P

69 Sep 03, 2006 16:10

Ok, i've started tagging the releases correctly now.

And i've created the 1.3 branch.

v1.2.4.1 is a good release for normal use.

1.3 will features the new file scheme, new error logging system, and locales.

As always the new systems are preps for the v2 release.

Heres the current roadmap:

v1.3 - file system, display system, logging system preps
v1.4 - database system preps
v1.5 - management system preps
v1.6 - any feature requests will be looked into
v1.7 - skinning system preps

So yeh, be happy with v1.2.4.1, and be even happier when the new releases come out :D

70 Sep 04, 2006 03:02

v1.2.4.1 is now labelled as the new official release.

71 Sep 04, 2006 14:04

I've changed the lightbox display, to get rid of the close button, and some minor fixes/updates to it as well. What do you think?
http://packages.balupton.com/b2evo/index.php?blog=5&cat=94

I've also fixed the problem with setting the display_mode.

A new feature that i've just done is so when a upgrade is needed, the gallery project first backs up it's media directory and database, and if something goes wrong then the backup is restored. Should prevent any data loss issues (if any).

72 Sep 04, 2006 17:32

Re..making sure you have the latest version of _auto_p.plugin.php for the latest version of gallery_project_v1.2.4.1

You still have to have auto.p switched off or it wraps the whole gallery in <p> tags as per

<p><!-- The following gallery is a result of Balupton`s Gallery Project - http://balupton.com -->[...]<span class="option current">Enhanced</span></p></div></p>

73 Sep 04, 2006 17:44

Hrmm... I updated my auto-p plugin a few hours ago (v1.30) and i'm not experiencing that problem (well any validation errors) as you can see on the preview site...

74 Sep 04, 2006 18:26

Well, I even added the differences for Auto.p v1.30 and the only way I can get Strict validation is to switch it off
Anyhow, I'm that used to switching it off it's no big deal :)

75 Sep 04, 2006 18:29

Strict? Why don't you use Transitional?

77 Sep 04, 2006 18:52

I don't know... I've always used transitional...

Just read up on it, seems i'll start moving over to strict.

78 Sep 04, 2006 19:00

Well the main difference is that it demands a bit more attention to detail and is only a small effort to generate cleaner code. No big deal :)

79 Sep 05, 2006 13:17

Ok, thinking of adding support for including original images now, so just a option; [include the original] will be there when you upload a post.

In the enhanced display, you won't notice a difference, but when you click 'save' it will download the original if it exists.

Hrmm... Hrmm... I'm thinking of making it so, if the user has not chosen a display mode, then it forces them to, heres some concept images of what i mean:

81 Sep 09, 2006 16:37

Anyone interested in alpha testing the 1.3 build for me?

The new debugging system has been implemented with a few things left to do in it. I'm really happy with it, and it has helped a lot during 1.3's development.

The database system is about to undergoe another re-write as the roadmap said for v1.4. The new display system still needs to be implement though.

Besides all that, viewing/adding/updating images apears to work.

82 Sep 11, 2006 19:16

I would be interested in testing 1.3, not in production of course. I could put up another install of b2evo and test it.

I'd love to help the dev of this plugin.

84 Oct 20, 2006 14:05

hello,

I got this error after trying to upload an image:

Warning: unlink() [function.unlink]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 20095 is not allowed to access /srv/www/htdocs/web25/html/sniglesde/media/gallery_plugin owned by uid 30 in /srv/www/htdocs/web25/html/sniglesde/plugins/gallery_plugin/_gallery.php on line 638

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 20095 is not allowed to access /srv/www/htdocs/web25/html/sniglesde/media/gallery_plugin owned by uid 30 in /srv/www/htdocs/web25/html/sniglesde/plugins/gallery_plugin/_gallery.php on line 666

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 20095 is not allowed to access /srv/www/htdocs/web25/html/sniglesde/media/gallery_plugin owned by uid 30 in /srv/www/htdocs/web25/html/sniglesde/plugins/gallery_plugin/_gallery.php on line 670

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 20095 is not allowed to access /srv/www/htdocs/web25/html/sniglesde/media/gallery_plugin owned by uid 30 in /srv/www/htdocs/web25/html/sniglesde/plugins/gallery_plugin/_gallery.php on line 674

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 20095 is not allowed to access /srv/www/htdocs/web25/html/sniglesde/media/gallery_plugin owned by uid 30 in /srv/www/htdocs/web25/html/sniglesde/plugins/gallery_plugin/_gallery.php on line 678

Do you have any idea to solve this problem. SAFE MODE is OFF @ my server.

85 Oct 23, 2006 04:12

Responded in your email :)

86 Jan 19, 2007 02:55

Hello,

I'm experiencing a strange problem with the option links that set the display mode of the gallery on the webpage. See this example:

<p class="options"><span class="option title">Display Mode:</span>&nbsp;<a class="option" href="http://www.vespuci.de/index.php?blog=11&amp;title=Als%20Antwort%20auf%3A%20Alles%20erlogen&amp;page=1&amp;gallery_display_mode=basic" title="Switch Display Mode to Basic" >Basic</a>,&nbsp;<span class="option current">Enhanced</span>.</p></div></p>					</div>

In this case, the

&amp;title=Als%20Antwort%20auf%3A%20Alles%20erlogen

was inserted. With other posts, other bits get inserted, e.g. once it's s.th. like

tempskin=_atom

(the link to the atom feed).

This happens no matter which skin or browser I use. Gallery version is 1.2.4.1-beta, b2evo version 1.9.1-beta.

To add a little more confusion, there's a second user on another blog, until now he only posted 1 gallery, and the error does not appear. Plus, on the blog where multiple galleries have already been posted, the "Next Page" link on the bottom of the page gets messed with in the same fashion.

Apart from that, I greatly appreciate your application! In my opinion, it was exactly the thing b2evo was missing.

Keep up the good work,
Franz

87 Jan 19, 2007 09:50

I will look into it next week or the week after. Still busy.

Ideas as to why that is happening, i would have no idea, I'm pretty sure that I am using b2evo's regenerate_url function. Does it only happen within the gallery or other links as well.

88 Jan 19, 2007 12:09

Does it only happen within the gallery or other links as well.

There's Blog A,B,C and ALL. A contains multiple galleries, within each gallery the link to switch mode is messed up, plus the "Next Page" link on the bottom of the page as well. All other links are fine.

Blog B contains only 1 post with a gallery, and every link is fine.

Blog C contains no galleries, and every link is fine.

Blog ALL contains all of A, B and Cs posts, and only the links of galleries within posts of blog A are messed. The same additional GETs are inserted as when viewing blog A. Apart from that, all other links are ok, even the "Next Page" link.

Believe me, I was thinking a lot about why it only appears in blog A, and the only distinctive features I found are those I mentioned (# of galleries). Could it have to so something with special characters? Some of the photo descriptions of blog A contain umlauts etc (äâá).

I have already switched skins and recreated galleries. I ended up thinking the problem originates from the gallery plugin, because almost every wrong link is contained in a gallery. If it was a b2evo core problem or anything else, I think more links should be wrong.

Thanks a lot for your help, since you seem really busy I'll have a look at the plugin's code myself, maybe I find something. Only problem I have no clue about the b2API and it should take me a while to get into the code.

89 Jan 19, 2007 12:34

Believe me, I was thinking a lot about why it only appears in blog A, and the only distinctive features I found are those I mentioned (# of galleries). Could it have to so something with special characters? Some of the photo descriptions of blog A contain umlauts etc (äâá).

Thanks a lot for your help, since you seem really busy I'll have a look at the plugin's code myself, maybe I find something. Only problem I have no clue about the b2API and it should take me a while to get into the code.

Have you tried for blog B adding more galleries to prove your theory that it is # of galleries? I would do that first...

For jumping into the code, the problem is happening here: _gallery.php line 995 in the get_option_links function:

else
					{	// Some b2evo only stuff, this is v1.2 so i'm aloud to do this
						$r .= '<a class="option" href="'.regenerate_url('','gallery_'.$c['name'].'='.to_string($cc['value'])).'" title="Switch '.$c['label'].' to '.$cc['label'].'" >'.$cc['label'].'</a>';
					}

So it's with the regenerate_url function, so open up the tech docs; http://doc.b2evolution.net/ and find regenerate_url see how it works, and then figure it out from there.

90 Jan 21, 2007 03:00

I resolved the problem. I wondered why the problem occured only in 1 blog, and the key difference between the blogs was not the # of galleries, but the skin I used. Turns out, After removing sections that were html-commented out (<!-- -->) from the skin (and only those, I swear), the "Next Page" link worked again, but not the gallery links. Then I opened each post containing a gallery with a wrong link (i.e. every gallery), changed a tiny bit of each gallery description, saved the gallery and the post, and everything works as intended now.

But how can this happen? When creating a post, is there any way the gallery plugin is aware of the skin? I tried recreating posts&galleries earlier, before changing the skin, but it did not help. And even if the plugin was aware of the skin, how could html-comments affect the way the posts are rendered? This is too weird for me.

I'd be glad if anybody could pass me a hint of that problem, because I'd really like to know how this could have happend. I'll investigate a little more, and try to reproduce the problem, and then I'll tell you.

Anyways thanks for a great plugin,
Franz

91 Jan 21, 2007 12:47

Hrmm, taking out commented html should have absolutely no effect al all.... I would believe that the problem is random over it is related to the html comments...

But in the gallery plugin, i also output a html comment saying "Created by the gallery project" or something similiar? Did this have to be removed? (I won't bite your ass if you did remove it)

92 Jan 21, 2007 13:02

Scuse me for jumping in where I haven't followed in detail, but I've seen this kind of thing happen before. It makes no sense at all, and at the time I threw my hands up in defeat, but sometimes for no apparent reason a seemingly pointless change can make or break something. I'm currently thinking of the original 'london' skin and how it used <h6> tags to trigger the script that converted text to images at the server. You could NOT change them to any other size, even though you changed the script that looked for the tags. You could NOT use "<?php echo '<h6>'; ?> even though it creates the same end result as simple html tags. Made no sense, but man oh man did I hate trying to work within constraints I couldn't understand.

Obviously that's different than html comments causing an issue, but I think it's related in that a minor issue can sometimes cause problems. I wonder what would happen if the html comments were replaced with "<?php // php comments ?>", other than the comments not making it through to the visible source code?

93 Jan 21, 2007 13:13

I would bet my left nut that php comments would have nothing to do with it, but i came into something before where the whole site's source was put on one line causing php comments with // to comment out proper code.... So i won't be betting my left nut today, but i'm pretty sure that it's a different issue...

vespuci, can you uninstall the gallery plugin and see if the problem still occurs with other links? If it does, then i will move these posts into the bug reports forum and we can do some nice core hacking.... debugging to figure out what the hell is going on, bout time i turned into indiana jones again to hunt through code to find where the treasure is * drifts off into daydream *

94 Apr 05, 2007 23:58

Is it possible to make a gallery with one normalsized image and the others tumbnails. Makes much nicer posts that way. By the way the 1.9x verion of the plugin seems to work very fine.

95 Nov 05, 2008 07:07

I'm trying to mess with this plugin a bit. Can someone tell me the best way to get a file extension for an file being uploaded? I just want everything after the "." I can do it in straight PHP, but the variables are so confusing to me. Any help is appreciated.

96 Nov 05, 2008 07:42

Do you really need this file extension in both Gallery and Quick upload plugins? As far as I know Gallery plugin doesn't work in b2evo 2.x, and Quick upload doesn't work in b2evo 1.x

97 Nov 05, 2008 10:04

function get_extension( $file )
	{
		$end = strrpos($file,'.');
		if ( $end !== false )
			return substr($file,$end+1);
		else
			return '';
	}

Form is loading...